Control Management - London/Bournemouth - 2023 ReEntry Program
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The ReEntry Program is a 15-week fellowship program, beginning March 20, 2023 and ending June 30, 2023, with the prospect of an offer for permanent employment with JP Morgan Chase at the end of the program. The program offers a reintroduction to corporate life for those returning to the workplace after an extended career break for two or more years. The fellowship placements will be based on both business needs and candidate skill set and interest areas within our Corporate Investment Banking, Asset Wealth Management & Commercial Banking Operations business.
Please refer to our ReEntry Overview page for further information regarding the Program
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
What We Look For
Through hands-on experience, mentoring and intensive training, this 15-week competitive fellowship gives people who have been on a career break for two or more years a fantastic opportunity to return to full-time employment and will help you prepare for a long-term career with us. The program offers a great reintroduction to corporate life for those returning to the workplace with our goal being to place high performing participants who successfully complete the program into full-time positions within the firm.
We have opportunities across our Finance & Business Management function including: Product Control, Legal Entity Control & Control Management.
We are accepting applications through the program for our CIB Control Management function.
Control Management is accountable for the end to end controls environment responsible for operational risk assessment, controls design & evaluation, subject matter expertise and program management of controls related initiatives as well as lead ongoing control related activities on behalf of the business.
As a Control Manager, you'll be responsible for ensuring the line of business has a sustainable and disciplined end-to-end control environment, identifying and escalating issues with a sense of urgency, and partnering with the business to ensure issues are remediated in a timely manner. The team assists in top-down risk analysis, real-time control issue detection, escalation, root cause analysis, and remediation.
- In partnership with stakeholders, evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business’ risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control breaks
- Ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Perform ongoing analysis of program related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) and develop ad-hoc reports as requested to support business-related programs and strategies
- Assist with development of Risk & Control Self-Assessment mapping and documentations through participation in end-to-end process walkthroughs and deep dives with assigned business units
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-7+ years of financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
- Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create, and evaluate a Risk & Control Self-Assessment in conjunction with business partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Diversity and Inclusion at JPM
A culture of inclusion is critical to JP Morgan’s success. We are committed to supporting women and encouraging them to achieve their career goals. Our team is as diverse as our work, and we’ve recently been recognised as a Top 50 Employer for Women in the UK, amongst many other awards across many different areas. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.