Counterparty Credit Risk - EMEA coverage - Team lead - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
Counterparty Risk is seeking a Vice President to join the EMEA Counterparty Risk Coverage team. The candidate will support the coverage of Counterparty Credit markets and products, working across derivatives, clearing, Hedge Funds, Financing and securities-based transactions, which provides for further growth/coverage as appropriate.
The candidate will operate across various locations to establish synergies and best practices, to assess system capabilities, availability and use of risk metrics, identify solutions to enhance transparency and timely escalation of concentrated exposures, liquidity and market risks.
Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the below:
- Partner with sales and trading on enhancing transparency and challenge emerging Concentration and Liquidity risks
- Providing on-going support to Credit Officers on counterparty credit exposure for new deals with complex structures or relatedness, including the explain and challenge of calculations by 1st line of defense
- Act as subject matter expert on counterparty credit exposure/risks, providing guidance and training to Credit Officers on material methodology releases or model limitations, and helping guide methodology and policy updates.
- Work with QR, Technology, Credit Officers and other stakeholders to continuously review and enhance exposure methodologies and tools.
- Partnering with sales and trading on development and rollout of counterparty credit exposure framework for new products or structures where risk expertise is required
- Manage and contribute to firm-wide projects around key counterparty credit exposure metrics & technical enhancements.
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Several years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in a risk coverage role, challenging and partnering with the Front-Office
- Strong all-round knowledge of traded products, spanning derivatives (across asset classes), securities and financing
- Must be highly numerate and have prior experience of working in a quantitative or analytical role with a robust skillset to be able to substantiate counterparty exposures
- Prior experience of Market and/or counterparty Credit risk experience focusing on exposure metrics would be preferrable; strong candidates with other backgrounds would also be considered
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Relevant experience in oversight and delivery of multi-faceted projects. Strong time management skills and comfort with dynamically shifting priorities, timelines, and demands
- Strong organizational, control, project management, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be articulate, and be able to explain technical concepts to non-specialists. Able to adjust communication style for a variety of situations and be able to hold their ground as required