Regulatory Capital Reporting - Credit Risk Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a candidate for a Senior Associate role in the Credit Risk team within the Capital Reporting Group.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the UK solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups.
- Weekly production of Credit Risk Requirement for all products under Standardised Rules and reporting of Internal Model Method (IMM) results for management reporting
- Production of the quarterly Credit Risk, CVA, Large Exposures and Leverage Ratio reporting requirements, including a critical review of the following COREP templates: C7, C9, C11, C13, C14, C25, C34, C35 (Credit Risk) and LV.40 to LV.47 (Leverage Ratio) within COR001, and C26-C29 (Large Exposures) within COR002
- Being Subject Matter Expert on regulatory capital calculations
- Performing analysis and challenging regulatory capital drivers and key variances, including liaising with line of business reporting, and provide commentary
- Maintaining the control standards adhering to firm wide and local controls around User Tools, adjustments and tracking of data/architecture issues
- Understanding the reporting model infrastructure and implementing streamlined process solutions towards a more efficient reporting model
- Involvement in other non-BAU tasks, such as projects and policy matters that impact the capital requirement
- Providing ad-hoc MIS reporting and analytics when required by management
- Addressing internal and external Audit requests, as well as from the regulators
- Partnering with Projects team in implementation of any system related changes
- Developing network and acting as a contact within the Reg team for other areas of Finance and the Business
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with current Capital Regulation (CRD4/CRD5) and reporting requirements (COREP).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel (pivot tables and vlookups), Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- General accounting, reconciliation and finance knowledge essential, preferably from a Regulatory environment.
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience with Financial Services industry.
- Good understanding of investment banking products, including derivatives and security financing transactions, as well as loans and other credit products.
- Not essential but an added advantage:
- Axiom user experience
- Alteryx knowledge / experience
- Familiarity with FRTB rules and requirements
You’ve got this!