Security Services Product Control – Client Profitability - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The product control function provides support to the financial controllers and trading desks to ensure that the P&L, balance sheet, and month end close procedures are done correctly and accurately. Securities Services Product Controllers are part of the Corporate Investment Bank Securities Services, Finance & Business Management team. The team is responsible for providing Product Controller support for Custody, Fund Services, Alternative Investments Services, Depository Receipts, Collateral Services, Agency Securities Lending and Liquidity. Securities Services has an annual revenue of $4.2bn, $200bn of Deposits, and ~$30tr of AUC.
As a Product Control Vice President, you are responsible for providing support to the trading desks to ensure accuracy of profitability data, and that the profit & loss, balance sheet, and month end close procedures are done accurately - within the right framework with correct controls.
An enthusiastic, highly motivated VP is required to join the Securities Services product control team based either in New York or London. This primary focus of the role will be on Client Profitability and this provides an opportunity to work closely with both Product and Finance teams to drive a clear understanding of the business trends and provide insightful analysis to facilitate effective management of the business. This role also needs to ensure tight controls around month end close and effective and insightful communication and analysis.
Additionally, this individual will be expected to contribute and own Product initiatives, both tactically and strategically, strive towards process automation and global consistency across reporting. Understand the impact on Finance / the control environment and contribute towards provision of the appropriate financial analysis
Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), presentation, and project management skills will be key to the successful development of this role, as well as the ability to forge a strong partnership with a multitude of key partners (Product, BM, P&A, Liquidity, Financial Control, Operations, Billing) as well as other Product Controllers across the Securities Services space.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Securities Services products, and the drivers impacting both top and bottom-line profitability
- Understand the business’s client footprint in terms of financials
- Partner across functional areas to assess accuracy of the client profitability tool and build a consensus driven framework for ongoing improvement
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on the financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
- Ensure a strong control framework is in place to support the business’s financial reporting and drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to the function’s innovation agenda, by challenging status quo on processes, bringing new innovative ideas to the table, and developing new tools (Alteryx, Tableau, Sherlock) in order to support better business MIS and process automation
- Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control
- Manage projects and initiatives related to all of the above, as well as larger cross-business programs
- Work experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Solid understanding of financial products would be advantageous
- Previous P&L or risk experience is preferable
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Strong technical skills in using Excel and PowerPoint