CIB Operations Intraday Funding Associate Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Cash Management team is responsible for a large proportion of the firm's cash flows, through a global operating model with teams based in Bournemouth, Tampa, Bengaluru, Frankfurt, New York, Manila and Mumbai. The Europe, Middle East and Africa team manages bank wide primary cash positions, in support of Global Treasury, in addition to business specific bank accounts and Investment Products for, Investor Services and the Investment Bank. Cash Management is the operational process needed to support Treasury in their obligation to fund the Bank’s cash positions.
Cash Management provides this service across 47 Legal Entities globally and 63 Currencies with a daily cash value of over $2 trillion.
The team is responsible for JPMorgan’s cash flows through the Global Operating Model.
The department manages essential high value, high risk day to day responsibilities.
It is also relied upon to provide advice on liquidity implications of product and market changes.
Intraday Funding Team provides Corporate Treasury and the Firm’s business’ with services to manage intraday funding requirements and management of our collected balance exposures with global agents during the day. The team’s role is to manage, escalate and coordinate the funding efficiently with additional impetus on analysing and assessing current trends to develop a strategic model to support Cash Account Management’s funding and forecasting capabilities in the future, real time service offering in Financial Services.
- Handle large value transactions to the strictest of deadlines.
- Identify and challenge discrepancies and anomalies to mitigate risk.
- Continually strive to improve knowledge of processes and procedures.
- Be team players, able to work in an agile model, continually changing and evolving to improve our processes
- Escalate issues where appropriate, keeping team manager and key partners updated
- Provide and present team metrics to management
- Be involved in the project management and implementation of technology and process change aligned to the strategic aims of Cash Management and the wider firm.
- Ability to assess, organize and prioritise technology requirements
- Able to take the lead on investigation and have a pro-active approach
- Self-motivated, a leader with good interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Innovative vision to improve operational approach – always question the ‘Why?’
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and handle high value payments under time pressure is essential.
- Excellent awareness of risk and control issues
- Competence in overseeing multiple projects and keeping up to date scorecards and metrics
- Excellent communication skills – Confident when dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the firm.
- Previous payment and/or cash management experience is desirable.