Global Legal Entity Risk - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. As part of the Global Legal Entity Risk Control Management team (GLER) the role will require control management oversight over the activities performed by Legal Entity Risk teams specifically within the EMEA region, but the role will also provide exposure to APAC and LATAM regions. The primary function will be to solidify an effective control framework over activities such as Legal Entity Risk Framework; Implementation of Risk Governance structures, internal risk policy and procedures and regulatory submissions such as ICAAP. The role will look across Lines of Business and within the Risk functions (Credit, Market, Country, Reputational, Environmental etc) working closely with the control managers of these Risk functional groups. In addition, the GLER team work in close partnership with Compliance Conduct and Operational Risk control managers on shared project initiatives.
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
In the GLER control management team you will be responsible for contributing to a strong control environment over the activities performed by the Legal Entity Risk Management and Chief Risk Office (CRO) teams located in the EMEA region. The role will be varied and provide with the opportunity to view processes across several Risk functions. There will be extensive interaction with control managers in various locations within the EMEA region. There will be a good deal of visibility to senior management across Risk and Compliance function in EMEA. Some of the key activities will include:
- Partnering with the CRO teams to review Regulatory Letters and Findings and identify appropriate owners to remediate the issues (Issue / Action plan owners).
- Track progress of Issues and action plan resolution and review closure artifacts to ensure satisfy the requirements set out by the Regulators. Ensure remediation actions are completed in the timeframe provided by Regulators
- Maintaining the internal repository for Process / Risk / Controls (CORE) to ensure the structure is reflective of the controls executed by the Legal Entity Risk Managers and CRO teams.
- Responsible for providing relevant materials / updates for inclusion in senior management control committees and forums
- Contribute to the review and updates of data related to the Legal Entity Risk Assessment process, a key deliverable for the Firm.
- Provide direct input to the written executive summary of Risk Assessments which are reviewed at senior management level.
- Collaborate with GLER and Compliance Control Managers on shared project initiatives
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Several years of professional experience related to Risk Management and / or Compliance related roles
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Good organizational and project management skills; able to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and TEAMS)
- Good, clear, and concise written and verbal communication with ability to edit and prepare executive level communications.
- High degree of initiative, self-direction and a clam collaborative approach to time sensitive deliverables
- Strong teamwork ethos with the ability to foster relationships with teams in other locations
Additional Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role
- Knowledge of data manipulation and visualization tools such as Tableau and Alteryx