CIB Central Controls Office - Program Manager - Associate
Job Type: Full time
Business Overview:J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
A Program Manager is required to lead the delivery of end to end requirements within the CIB Central Controls Office. The CIB Central Controls Office is responsible for developing & supporting monitoring processes and controls across the CIB. These controls ensure that activities are undertaken in compliance with corporate policy, local law, rules and regulations. The projects encompass the management of change across business controls and technology processes.
Program Management of deliverables within the CIB Controls program:
- Work with stakeholders to define scope, benefits, deliverables and timeline
- Document deliverable plan and execute against this, delivering to time, cost and quality
- Develop requirements, document test plans and execute testing
- Communication with key stakeholders, including implementation plans and training
- Work closely with Technology to refine requirements, prioritise work, and oversee delivery of system releases.
- Managing Controls working groups and supporting the steering committee
- Proactively identify and resolve barriers, risks and interdependencies
- Identify and communicate control gaps, risks, proposed improvements
- Drive progress through effective escalation of issues and concerns.
- Experience of working in a program environment, with the ability to shape and deliver projects with technology partners, preferably within an Agile environment
- Experience of business analysis including requirements management, test management
- Strong technical skills including data manipulation and advanced Excel user
- Experience in Financial Services, Operational Risk Management, Control Oversight and/or similar role
- Strong communication and collaborative skills and demonstrated ability to work across functions and balance the needs of multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong presentation skills including generating presentations, project scorecards, and executive communications
- Creative and innovative problem solver, ability to communicate new ideas, and inspire support
- Knowledge of CIB (Markets, Investment Banking, Securities Services, Payments, and Research) and Commercial Bank products desirable.