Wholesale Credit Risk Reporting Associate
Job Type: Full time
As part of Risk Management and Compliance, you are at the center of keeping JPMorgan Chase strong and resilient. You help the firm grow its business in a responsible way by anticipating new and emerging risks, and using your expert judgement to solve real-world challenges that impact our company, customers and communities. Our culture in Risk Management and Compliance is all about thinking outside the box, challenging the status quo and striving to be best-in-class.
Firmwide Risk Reporting and Middle Office (RRMO), a group within Corporate Risk Management, produces internal and external reporting and analysis used to manage risk through changing market conditions, supports regulatory requirements regarding Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting, and executes controls to measure the quality of risk data.
The Wholesale Credit Risk Reporting team (WCRR) is responsible for providing complete, timely, accurate, and useful data on the credit risk generated by the Firm’s wholesale lines of businesses. WCRR’s key stakeholders include the Firmwide Chief Risk Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Wholesale Chief Credit Risk Officer, senior Credit Risk Management, Investor Relations, SEC Reporting, Finance, and Regulatory Reporting.
WCRR is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual for this analytical role that requires the ability to have a conceptual conversation with our stakeholders and turn that into a high quality end-product. The right candidate must understand and challenge the numbers and be able to tell the story behind them.
- Perform portfolio analysis of the firm’s Wholesale Credit Risk exposure in support of monthly and quarterly reporting to senior risk management including, but not limited to, Leveraged Finance, Industry Concentrations, and Pending Commitments
- Assist in the production of monthly credit risk data, analytics, and commentary used for quarterly CFO earnings preparation, Investor presentations, and SEC 10Q/10K reporting
- Contribute to the development and standardization of Risk Reporting across lines of business (e.g. Corporate and Investment Bank, Commercial Banking, and Asset and Wealth Management)
- Challenge the numbers – investigate, document, and resolve new and existing data quality issues
- Improve the overall control environment for WCRR by developing new controls, automating existing manual processes, and improving the team’s documentation
Minimum Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for someone excited to join our organization. If you meet the minimum requirements below, you are encouraged to apply to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in risk and/or financial reporting; candidates with little experience may be considered for this position if skillset and objectives align with the team
- Understanding of credit risk (i.e. traditional credit products and counterparty risk)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Business Objects is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working within a team environment as well as communicating across departments
Additional Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following additional items will be considered but are not required for this role
- Understanding of the Firm’s credit risk systems is a plus (iCRD, CRRT, SELM)