CIB - Global Markets Operations Regulatory Change Management - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The role will be as a Project Manager working on the Operations Change and Transformation team within Global Markets. The key purpose of the Change & Transformation Project Manager is to partner with the business & support partners with responsibility for prioritising, sponsoring and implementing multiple and varied change initiatives driven by business, legal, regulatory, compliance or market requirements. The change portfolio includes a mix of strategic, discretionary and mandated initiatives. The discretionary items aim to improve the client experience, support revenue growth, reduce operating costs, improve processing efficiency/control and support the delivery of new products and services. Mandates are driven by legal, regulatory, compliance or market changes.
This role’s primary focus is the project management focused on Transaction Reporting within Regulatory Change.
There are multiple streams of work within the Operations Change Transaction Reporting Portfolio which include changes across each LOB to be compliant with various regulations such as MIFID II, EMIR, CFTC, SEC, SFTR amongst others. This role will also involve partnering with our Operations & Technology teams to define and build out solutions for the post implementation gaps including coordination of SIAIs, tail risk co-ordination and delivery.
Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include participating in and/or ownership of the following functions:
- Problem analysis and definition
- Co-coordinating activities across the project team
- Identifying and managing project risks and issues
- Managing small to medium sized projects
- Developing project schedules and milestones
- Maintain and publish project documentation
- Identifying and managing project risks and issues
- Running working groups as required
- Conducting post-implementation reviews in order to draw out lessons learnt and ensure benefit realization
- Assisting with the implementation of large market mandatory and regulatory projects
- Managing and actioning acceptance testing in line with testing strategy where applicable
- Participating in the continuous improvement of processes and quality standards.
- SME for the LOB you will be supporting (Rates, Credit, FX, Fixed income & Commodities)
- Conduct requirements gathering, data analysis, and synthesis to develop business requirements aligned to the letter and the spirit of the law.
- Vendor liaison to ensure accuracy of the reporting.
- Lead problem solving and data driven decision making inclusive of process design, re-engineering, and target state modelling.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to build an extensive network across operations, requiring interaction with front office, support operations and technology.
- Serving as a primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives
- Communicating, influencing, and negotiating to obtain or leverage necessary resources
- Creating a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution, and control
- Ensuring clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for key program/project roles
- Integrating knowledge of end-to-end business process into program planning and decision making
- Developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Participate in strategic and horizontal activities as directed by management
- Encouraging the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of work stream and program risks
- Performing reviews of work streams and supporting technology activities
The extent of the Change & Transformation team involvement in projects depends on the ownership, nature, scale and complexity of each. For some projects the team manages the initiative from inception through to implementation of the solution. For others, the team is accountable for just part of the project life cycle, such as production of a business case and requirements or co-ordination of user acceptance testing. In delivering a project, the team works closely with the Global Markets Operations functions, as well as other stakeholders including the Front Office, Technology, Finance, Compliance, Legal & Controls.
- Significant experience working in project / change management
- Previous global markets / regulatory projects background advantageous
- Business partnering skills with individuals across the organisation
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Managing UAT cycles and issue management.
- Experience in improving processes and increasing efficiency.
- Experience in leading several complex systems conversion projects.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Adapts well to shifting priorities.
- Management of strict deadlines
- Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility / adaptability to changeable directives.
- Candidates with strong product knowledge from Middle Office would also be considered due to their product expertise.
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.
Other Qualifications: As a Project Manager your qualifications will ideally include:
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of structured project management methods such as PRINCE2 or Microsoft Solutions Framework.
- Knowledge of structured business analysis (e.g. 6 Sigma) techniques.
- Product Knowledge: global markets products
- Knowledge of sales/trading and post trade processing