Managing Director, Data Solutions Operations
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This newly created role will run Operations for the Data Solutions business within J.P. Morgan’s Securities Services division and Instrument Reference Data for J.P. Morgan.
Data Solutions offers managed services to Institutional Investors which span a range of services across Performance, Compliance and Data Management. These services are branded as “Fusion by J.P. Morgan”. Performance and Compliance are mature managed services, while Data Management encompasses a new set of cloud-native managed services.
Instrument Reference Data Operations encompass the entire range of services including vendor data ingestion, data quality control, data management and internal data distribution. This is a central data operations function for the firm.
In addition to managing an existing team of 400 staff globally, the role involves building out a new team of data professionals in partnership with the Business. It is responsible for on-boarding, data management, and quality for the data products delivered to our clients. The role reports to the Global Head of Securities Services Operations and to the Head of the Data Solutions Business.
- Managed Services: Designing and executing a tech-enabled managed service operations function which takes a technology first approach to offering managed services.
- Data migrations: planning and executing large scale external client data migrations from on-premise systems to a modern cloud-based platform. Includes rapidly scaling up & mobilizing project teams with data analytics capabilities to manage the migration.
- Data quality management: implementing continuous data quality profiling capabilities to enable proactive identification, escalation and resolution of data issues on an ongoing basis.
- Client operations: creating a global, client-facing operations team for rapidly resolving day-to-day queries and escalations, as well as engaging in value-added discussions with clients on data architecture, data quality, and data migration initiatives.
- Service delivery: ensuring faultless delivery of fund performance analytics and compliance reporting services to our Securities Services clients, and that instrument data services are delivered to internal consumers in accordance with SLAs & with the highest levels of resilience.
- Process re-engineering: implementing a digital workflow-based processing environment, coupled with a continuous drive to improve Operations efficiency and transparency.
- Data governance: partnering with the Business to design and embed comprehensive data controls within all new data products and services to ensure compliance with contractual commitments and all relevant rules & regulations. Understanding end-to-end data lineage, and building capabilities to track critical data elements through the entire data lifecycle
Qualifications & skills
Key characteristics important in this role including:
- Collaborative, inclusive leader with track record of building high-performing global teams
- Ability to think strategically, combined with an appetite for operating with speed and agility
- Experience in providing managed data services to external customers
- Experience in leading technology-first operations teams, with a sound technology background
- Expertise in data governance, data architecture, and data analytics techniques
- Maintains strong relationships with control groups and regulators
- Experience of working in cloud platforms and related technologies
- Adept at managing wide stakeholder groups at all levels and across disciplines in a matrixed organisation