2023 Military & Athlete Technical Pathway Programme UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
What You Can Expect
Tech Connect is designed for individuals from all different backgrounds and experiences, who do not have formal computer science education, but have the drive and desire to become successful Software Engineers.
Launching your career through Tech Connect means you will:
- Join a full-time, multi-week Java training program to build your coding knowledge and skills before joining the Military & Athlete Transition Programme for a 6 month placement to put it into practice
- Receive specialized technical training and one-on-one coaching from our team of expert developers and support from managers, senior leaders, and your program management teams.
- Work with colleagues to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients and employees.
- Create and improve the design, analytics, coding and testing for high-quality software and new products.
- Own projects, keeping teams and stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed.
Locations you may join:
We’re looking for people with a passion for technology, who are curious and want to continually learn and improve our products and services.
Our multi-week intensive Java training will start your career in technology. If you have a passion for innovation, technology and financial services, this program will help you develop into an industry-leading professional. Because we’re looking for those with fresh perspectives, your ideas and experiences will be valued from the beginning.
- A demonstrated interest in technology, building coding skills and pursuing a career in software engineering
- A well-rounded background is important
- You should be available to start on the Tech Connect Program in July 2023
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Quick learner with logical-thinking skills
- Have demonstrable service in the Armed Forces/Professional Sport and have left the Armed Forces or Professional Sport within 2 years of the start of the programme
- Right to work in the UK
At JPMorgan Chase, we are creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career.
We value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Visit jpmorgan.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.