Global Research – Energy Strategy Research – Vice President or Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About Energy Strategy Research
Energy Research is part of J.P. Morgan’s number 1 ranked Global Research franchise. Energy strategy aims to provide actionable ideas and thematic insights that empower our institutional clients make well-informed and strategic investment decisions. We bring clarity to complex energy situations through extensive sector knowledge and a deep understanding of global markets.
Research partners with Sales, Sales Trading and Trading teams globally to deliver timely thought leadership, and builds strong relationships with external clients and corporate management teams. Our insights and relationships are leveraged by multiple internal stakeholders, including Investing Banking, Prime Services, and Derivatives.
We are looking for an experienced Energy professional to join our Energy Strategy Research team in London. With significant professional experience you should have a passion for analysing both companies and thematic global energy trends. The role will have a focus in two primary areas. Firstly macro-economic and geo-political themes within Global Energy, and secondly on the fundamental analysis of European Oil & Gas equities.
You will be working within our top-ranked team under the mentorship and guidance of the senior analysts developing thought-leading company, sector and thematic reports, and delivering the team’s stock and sector insights to our institutional clients. The role brings the potential to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders, and offers a growth pathway through primary sub-sector coverage of Energy equities.
What we value:
- Energy industry experience (e.g. Oil & Gas company, energy consulting).
- Broking / sell side experience (optional).
- Strong academic background.
- Ability to analyze and present data, focusing on material outcomes and producing coherent outputs.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly, with strong written and oral presentation skills to deliver clear and concise messages for broad range of clients and internal stakeholders.
- Good task management skills and an ability to prioritize and work to pressured deadlines.
- Collaborative working, harnessing and leveraging the broad reach of the Global Energy team.
We welcome applications from any degree discipline. Although not essential, we encourage those with a background in Energy to apply.This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.