Product Director - Payments
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are not your standard bank, we are a house of innovation! We are part of the team that launched Chase as a new UK bank in 2021, and are now building a new team in a new department with even bigger ambitions. More details will be provided during the interview but for now we can enthusiastically say: It’s challenging, it’s high stakes, it’s fun!
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing products that put the customer at the centre. We have created a new organisation with diverse professionals that come from a wide set of skills, backgrounds and experiences, including b2b and b2c businesses.
Team members have broad autonomy to collaborate and work in a cross-functional way and we value your opinion in every matter; so if you are a designer and you want to write Python code - please do! Or an engineer and want to do user testing - go for it! Teams own their work end-to-end and we have a flat organisational structure.
Our inclusive culture is hugely important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, compassionate people who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. We are about bringing new products to market that solve real world problems for real life customers, not just innovation for the sake of innovation. We are human first; we love working with each other, and we need personal connections and in-person bonding. We find we are happier, more motivated and more productive this way. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of we'd encourage you to read on and apply, even if the job description isn't an exact match for you, we can promise to review your application and let you know if there is anything that might be suitable in the future!Role overview
We are looking for a Product Director in payments, with deep technical and commercial experience in payments.Core Responsibilities:
- Define the product vision, objectives, value propositions and roadmap, based on a deep understanding of the customer needs, industry landscape and regulatory environment.
- Build. lead and nurture the product and engineering teams that will support delivery of your product and vision.
- Act as the SME in the payments domain across domestic and international payment schemes across its full lifecycle from build, accreditation and operation; representing the product domain internally and externally, and providing knowledge and training to multi-disciplinary teams
- Define product requirements, creating and maintaining a prioritised backlog based on customer research, analysis and rigorous discipline and methodology
- Act as the “CEO” of the product across all facets of the product, being as hands-on as necessary and delegating as necessary to build your product and take it to market
- Deep understanding in the full payment lifecycle (liquidity, screening, booking, settlement), domestic and international payment schemes, ISO specifications, regulatory requirements such as Open Banking and PSD2.
- Proven experience as a product owner in an agile, fast-paced software development environment with continuous delivery using modern technology
- Strong attention to detail and quality, with excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven experience in hands-on leadership roles, leading teams of varying sizes
- Curiosity and ability to think “outside the box”, while applying a rigorous, data-led disciplined approach to product management and innovation
- Experience in building SaaS platforms in B2B businesses
- Experience in financial products and financial technology (within or outside banking sector)
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognise that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.