Product Designer Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At J.P. Morgan, we’re obsessed with helping our clients, taking care of our employees, building relationships and delivering extraordinary customer experiences. Using cutting-edge banking technology, you’ll work with a team at the front edge of fintech, delivering high-impact B2B solutions for our clients—the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government entities.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Product Designer to join J.P. Morgan’s Digital Experience Design (DXD) team to work on our design system—the UI Toolkit.
The UI Toolkit
One of DXD’s most important contributions to J.P. Morgan is the UI Toolkit—the solution for building multichannel user interfaces at scale that incorporate best-of-breed interactions and visual design. It provides components, patterns and standards for applications that are dynamic, information- and data- rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends.
With support from our technology partners, the UI Toolkit helps deliver cohesive, ADA-compliant experiences across organizational boundaries, products and channels for the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) of J.P. Morgan.
Product Designer role
This Product Design role will work holistically across interaction, visual and accessible design disciplines to play a critical role in realizing the vision of our next-generation public facing design system.
You’ll collaborate closely with UI Toolkit developers, content writers and accessibility experts on a daily basis to ensure a robust library with fintech-focused component, patterns and documentation.
Our users have complex, fast-paced, information-overloaded jobs (within an already complex industry). The tools they use must provide benefits without adding to that complexity.
Working closely with the design system leads and application teams across the CIB, you’ll delve into the problem space and identify insights which guide evolution of the design system and help our customers drive best-in-class, multichannel product experiences.
You should be highly organized and motivated, have a deep sense of teamwork, and employ a walls-down approach that allows you to effectively collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of smart, accomplished individuals throughout the product life cycle.
In this role, you will:
- Create the next generation of our design system–public-facing, theme-able and accessible–while maintaining awareness of the larger ecosystem of products and design standard built with the toolkit.
- Help to establish a culture of design within the group and among our stakeholders.
- Collaborate with our cross-disciplinary application teams to gather and transform requirements into compelling designs that fulfill the promise of the Toolkit.
- Iterate and validate designs through prototypes and usability testing.
- Ensure your proposed designs are specified with the required level of detail (in the form of interaction, visual and accessibility specs) to guide the process of design and development.
- Take an active role in quality assurance throughout development and deployment.
- Actively support efforts to codify preferred and industry-appropriate design standards.
- Collate and document best-practice examples and guidance that help our consumers effectively utilize the design system.
- Be an ambassador for the Toolkit, promoting its use and driving consistent use of patterns across CIB applications.
- Apply a transparent methodology in order to maintain a feedback loop and develop relationships with our consumers.
- Promote healthy relationships with our business and technology partners.
To be a successful candidate for this role, you should:
- Working experience in a professional capacity as a Product Designer on highly interactive and data-rich applications—demonstrated with a strong supporting portfolio demonstrating beautiful interaction and visual design.
- Have practical experience of working to and enforcing WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards.
- Have a proven track record creating design languages for multichannel application experiences.
- Strong research skills that demonstrate an awareness of user and business goals that compel you to imagine, illustrate and realize compelling functional interfaces.
- Be confident in employing skills across all stages of the design and development process, including conception, design, standardization, specification and enforcement.
- Have a keen eye for detail and micro interactions across all aspects of design, and a focus on the quality of end products.
- Be curious and resourceful balanced with the ability to learn and operate within the complex business domains of the company.
- Be able to skillfully represent the design discipline when presenting to stakeholders, sponsors and critics.
- Be an expert in your craft balanced with a desire to stay up to date on the latest design trends and applications.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude who enjoys collaborating to achieve design goals, while remaining comfortable taking and giving feedback to reach the best solutions.
- Have experience working in a multidisciplinary team (visual designers, developers, accessibility professionals, content strategists, etc.).
- Be proficient in Figma
About Digital Experience Design (DXD)
With nearly 300 specialists worldwide, our team brings together UX and visual designers, service designers, researchers content managers, and creative technologists. We partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders across J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight end users.
Diversity by design
Our team, our work and the outcomes they produce are driven by diversity. Here, you’ll find people from all over the world, valued for the added dimensions their experience, origins, and perspectives bring to the products we deliver. Join us and see for yourself that our commitment to diversity is intentional, essential, and ongoing. It provides the insight and ideas we need to be a better team. And a smarter one, too.