Resiliency & Strategic Data Center Migrations Manager - Vice President - Hybrid Working
Job Type: Full time
GTI - Platform Services Resiliency & Infrastructure Initiatives Job Role
Platform Services (PS) is a part of the Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) organization responsible for delivering and maintaining an industry-leading technology infrastructure to JPMorgan’s Global Technology group. Platform Services mission is to deliver market-leading multi-cloud technology capabilities with velocity to our clients and employees in a secure, stable, and scalable way that puts our clients first. Home to 6 cloud-based product lines, our portfolio is comprised of an array of products and services including databases, messaging, streaming, identity access management, and management tooling. In addition to being product focused, Platform Services is deeply focused on promoting diversity of culture and thought.
You would be joining the expanding Platform Service (PS) Resiliency & Infrastructure Initiatives Team which has responsibility for overseeing Technology Resiliency and Business Resiliency activities for the Products in PS and minimising compliance breaches. You will be a key point of partner for Application Owners, Product Leads and their teams globally and will be working with them to ensure resiliency strategies and recovery plans are in place and that these are documented and evidenced in line with firms resiliency controls. You will partner with other groups across the firm; external to PS to ensure current and emerging resiliency requirements are understood, issues reported to the appropriate groups and agree next steps and timelines. The team is also responsible for a variety of other initiatives including end of life software and vulnerability management, North America data centre migration program, pandemic related work-from- home planning and remote onboarding. Given the breadth of the role and the rate of change your adaptability and an enjoyment of new challenges will be key.
The ideal candidate will be from a technology background and will be a highly motivated individual with strong communication and analytical skills, experience of interacting with and presenting to senior management, the ability to develop relationships with all levels across all lines of business and corporate functions
The candidate will get an opportunity to learn more about cloud technologies attain formal certifications, develop strong resiliency knowledge and formal certifications. You will spend significant time partnering with technology groups and senior managers and potential to influence the direction for application development and remediation.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Support technology leads with the creation and maintenance of critical resiliency documentation
- Monitor non-compliance and partner with application teams and GTI Resiliency Governance to agree remediation steps and timescales
- Work with Product Owners to ensure they comply with all the Resiliency requirements during the application lifecycle and act as gatekeeper at key phases to ensure compliance
- Work with Technology Teams and PS Leadership to ensure emerging and changing requirements are communicated and understood.
- Planning, executing and coordinating Business resiliency tests (Recovery Strategy) and Notification (Call Tree) for the PS staff
- Partner with product teams to create and maintain resiliency documentation – Business Continuity Plans and Business Impact Assessments (includes Walkthroughs, Quality Review and Approval processes).
- Onboard new products and teams into the resiliency framework and provide guidance on best practices
- Technology Lifecycle Maintain ( TLM ) Point of Contact - manage progress towards achieving program level targets, reporting of potential issues/ blockers and working with stakeholders to resolve.
- Strategic Datacentre Migrations - work with Program Managers and product owners to maintain migration schedule and ensure data centre entry critertia are understood and are on track to be achieved before target migration dates.
- Pandemic Response – represent Platform Services on GTI and location based forums, communicate relevant updates to management, respond to queries and assisting with planning work from home/office schedules
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for a combination of the following. A successful candidate does not need to have all of these:
- Bachelor's degree required (Technology) or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with senior management
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Some experience with data analysis would useful but not essential
- Technical background
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build relationships and establish strong partnerships
- Experience in cross-functional teams and ability to influence people at a variety of levels
- Extremely versatile and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Organized, detail-oriented and proactive “self-starter”
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.