CIB - EMEA Governance and Control Manager - Associate - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
EMEA Regional Governance oversees the x-LOB governance framework which supports the firm in meeting regulatory expectations, and internal governance and oversight best practice. The team provides support to the London-based EMEA CEO on regulatory and governance responsibilities and has a specific responsibility for the day to day support of key regional forums including the EMEA Management Committee and EMEA Control Committee, as well as providing additional support for the London-based Firmwide Regional Control Manager including regional Control Management program oversight, executive reporting, as well as process improvement initiatives.
The team partners with stakeholders across the lines of business: CIB, Private Bank, Asset Management, International Consumer Banking (Chase), Commercial Bank, and functions: Technology, HR, Operations, Compliance, among others.
This position represents a unique opportunity to gain a holistic and aggregated view across the firm’s regional business, while making valuable contribution to advancing the firm’s governance and controls agenda. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the regional governance committees with a focus on governance and operational risk and controls across lines of business, functions, and locations present in the region.
The role will involve governance related program and project assignments, as well as leading the running of the regional governance committees. The role will require frequent communication and coordination with a number of stakeholders across the organisation, as well as preparation of written and oral communications to senior management.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management and coordination of workstreams within regional governance and operational risk and controls projects with global impact.
- Delivery of continuous improvement to the regional governance framework.
- Partnering with key stakeholders across the firm globally to develop and embed changes to the regional governance and operational risk and controls framework.
- Presentation of regular updates on the progress of the program to Senior Management.
- Maintenance of effective governance – in partnership with the Control Managers, maintain robust escalation framework and deliver appropriate messaging to senior management.
- Performing adhoc control testing to ensure that lines of business and functions adhere to governance and operational risk and control standards.
- Developing a strong network of internal stakeholder relationships to help support the delivery of regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining Governance Standards and Procedures – ability to work across business and control partners to maintain effect processes, identify gaps, and lead the implementation of change.
- Assistance with secretariat responsibilities for regional governance for a managed within the team.
- Continuous review and development of processes to determine opportunities for improvements in quality and efficiency; as well as ongoing commitment to driving best governance practices.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in an agile, high profile regional team partnering with key stakeholders across the full breadth of the firm.
- A dynamic operating environment.
- Opportunity to influence and own adhoc projects and processes.
- An opportunity to learn about all lines of business and functions along with the changing regulatory landscape.
- Promotion of open culture to identify/raise risks and challenge existing protocols.
- Exposure to senior leaders across the firm.
- Supportive management structure to help you grow professionally, be successful in your role and achieve your next career goals.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Strong professional experience in financial services, preferably with prior experience in supporting senior management governance.
- Project Management experience is desirable.
- Controls-focused with excellent attention to detail. Ability to present work accurately, clearly, and professionally both orally and in writing, flexing detail and form according to audience.
- Proactive self-starter with to the ability to consistently deliver work of a high standard whilst under pressure; comfortable working independently in a dynamic, challenging and results-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills, relationship-building and influencing skills with the flexibility and ability to engage effectively with senior management within the firm, and to partner with, and where necessary challenge, a range of stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to assess situations quickly and multi-task when required; as well as managing work plans with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills; including the ability to reconcile and interpret data and to summarise key messages for providing commentary.
- Able to work across a range of complex issues simultaneously; ability to learn new topics quickly, including understanding and investigating new data sets.
- Team player who works well with colleagues of all levels in achieving results, and willing to take personal accountability.
- High degree of proficiency with PowerPoint/PitchPro, Word and Excel.