Client Tax Operations Utility Specialist
Job Type: Full time
The incumbent will be part of a team who have responsibility for the following:
- Validation of tax documents and certificates received in accordance with JPMorgan and market level polices.
- Opening client accounts in JP Morgan tax system in partnership with sub custodian network.
- Setting client trade settlement instructions and monitoring of client asset movements to the appropriate tax rate accounts.
- Lodgement of tax certificates and declarations with sub-custodians and depositories globally to facilitate tax relief.
- Performing regular reviews of clients to ensure they are receiving the appropriate tax treatment in each global market.
- Provide status updates supporting market account openings and client fund launches ensuring that regular metrics and milestones are provided.
- Ensure accurate completion of market documentation with market naming conventions, obtain sign-off in line with the JP Morgan & Agent Policy. Arrange for legalisation where required.
- Monitor and maintain changes for a client based on notification of tax changes.
- Relationship building with all key contacts both internal & external.
- In addition the incumbent will have ownership for specific MIS metrics and will be responsible for reporting to management team on a weekly basis.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent work experience
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic and articulate team leader, who possess good communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and a good eye for detail
- Strong risk awareness
- Business and customer focused
- Proactive work ethic, innovative and self-motivated
- A flexible and analytical approach to problem solving
- A high level of PC literacy
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Proven skills in customer service.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage deadlines, prioritise tasks & take ownership of deliverables.
- Proven risk awareness & ability to escalate and manage potential risk.
- Demonstrate the ability to drive and progress the team
- Demonstrate strong verbal & written communication skills.
Some teams within the department operate shifts, either on a fixed or rotating basis. Generally the core hours for this position are 9am-5pm, and there is a requirement for some overtime, weekend working and occasional shift work to meet business deadlines. The group is also expected to cover UK Bank Holidays to provide support for clients in overseas markets.