Senior MarTech Engineer (Front End)- Chase UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app. Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team. Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
As a Front-End Web – senior engineer you will work closely with the marketing and growth teams, product teams, and designers to build solutions that enables us to attract new customers more effectively, curate experiences that drive engagement, deliver messages at the right time and in the right channels, and understand our customer pain points to continuously improve our ability to delight them and provide them with an unparalleled banking experience.
We are seeking a passionate result-oriented technologist to drive better, faster, simpler solutions and technology direction focused on our web engineering stack. Someone that is highly motivated, hands-on and cross-functional with the capability of driving high quality solutions to difficult problems.
- Lead the web engineering team in designing and developing our web properties.
- Collaborate with product, marketing, design, and content operations to define and deliver on the web roadmap and strategy.
- Own the content management and delivery solutions that streamline web property deployment and updates.
- Ensure front-end experiences are optimized for SEO, performance, cross-browser compatibility, and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Provide architectural guidance and direction around server environment configuration, clustering, caching, CDN usage, security, etc . . .
- Design and build APIs and highly available services that deliver personalized, real-time content.
- Work with cross-functional design and engineering teams to develop and maintain design standards across all channels.
- Build data pipelines and integrations that connect our services to cloud services and 3rd party tools.
- Support the generation of a sprint plan by helping engineers refine Epics and Stories and providing high-level estimates on upcoming initiatives.
- Expert-level proficiency in Nodejs, ReactJS, and Typescript.
- Experience setting up and leveraging one or more of the following technologies: Java CMSs (AEM, Magnolia), Static-Site Generators (Gatsby, Next.js, Hugo, Jekyll), Web/Component Testing tools (Cypress, Storybook).
- A strong understanding of how to achieve and test for WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Experience building reusable web patterns and components, ideally in the context of an organization’s design system.
- Experience optimizing a site for SEO and performance.
- Practical experience configuring and managing a CDN and web servers like Apache and NGINX.
- Experience deploying to cloud environments leveraging serverless technologies (AWS, Functions-as-a-Service, API Gateways, etc . . .)
- TDD – Must have practical experience with unit, integration, functional, and contract testing and how to apply it to Web projects built with React, Java, and Headless CMSs.
- Continuous Integration – Experience automating builds with Maven, Nodejs, NPM, and Webpack using CI Servers like Jenkins/Hudson.
- Operation in a global capacity with multi-country technology requirements and solution implementations.
- Well-developed analytical skills, ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesize large amounts of information insights on key methodologies and approaches.
- General – Comfortable in more than one programming language and have a firm grasp of fundamental web/internet technologies.
- AWS Certification
- An understanding of designing microservices