Climate Tech, CIB Digital Innovation
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Climate Innovation is a key priority for JP Morgan Chase and our Digital Innovation – the changes unfolding in societies, businesses, and technology represent one of the most important opportunities to innovate in our history. The ClimateTech team sits at the intersection of finance and climate innovation – the team identifies and executes on cutting-edge ideas by formulating strategy, investing in innovative climate tech companies and by building creative and scalable products.
The team partners closely with the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) core businesses (Banking, Markets, Securities Services, Payments) and with the Strategic Investments team. Your peers in Digital Innovation will include professionals in strategy and fintech, engineering, UI/UX, product management, ML/AI, data science, coaching, and ideation/communication.
About the role
We are looking for a London or New York-based Vice President to join our mission in powering the future of ClimateTech by making the best and boldest ideas reality. An ideal candidate is one who brings in collaborative and positive attitude, with a deep interest in climate innovation, and with previous experience in strategy, investing or building products.
- Research and analyze industry landscape to evaluate new opportunities and identify emerging trends
- Source potential investment opportunities
- Conduct deep-dive due diligence on investment opportunities
- Negotiate partnerships and investments with ClimateTech/FinTech companies
- Ideate potential product strategy by working with functional partners in tech and product
- Present investment opportunities and product ideas to senior stakeholders
- Develop / manage relationships with internal functional partners (tech, product, legal, compliance, UI/UX) and CIB business partners
- Engage and develop relationships with ClimateTech/ FinTech companies, VC investors, executives, and broader climate community
- Participate in industry events (conferences, community events) to network with the broader ecosystem and identify emerging trends
Skills & Qualifications
- 6-8 years of proven experience in investment banking, markets (sales/trading, research), PE/VC, startups (FinTechs, ClimateTech startups), management consulting, or strategy equivalent in the public sector (government, NGO, scientific community, etc.)
- Interest in climate and climate innovation
- Quantitative storytelling
- Ability to sell an idea with compelling data, analysis, and rigorous research
- The ability to develop and convey compelling yet objective value propositions to secure buy-in from senior management on innovative digital strategies
- Financial modelling and data analysis
- Executive presence, ability to interface with executive leaders across JPM independently
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Effective communication skills (Verbal, written)
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly
- Collaborative, creative, execution-oriented personal operating style
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Preferred qualifications: Experience in ClimateTech investing and/or product development, or deep knowledge in climate innovation
About Digital Innovation
The Digital Innovation team is bringing clients into the future by making the best and boldest ideas in finance a reality. We’re looking for a passionate colleague to execute on this mission, joining one of the most exciting, creative, and high-growth areas of JPM’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB).
Digital Innovation’s focus includes ESG, DLT, platforms, operations and several other key areas. We invest in ideas and companies that will generate returns, cost savings or control impact, using a three-year horizon for the Investment Banking, Markets, Securities Services, and Payments businesses.
Digital Innovation’s culture is collaborative, collegial, creative, and tenacious—it operates with a sense of urgency and hustle. Candidates should come with an understanding of the opportunities and constraints of working in a highly regulated industry. Please apply if you have the perseverance to succeed when faced with roadblocks. Please also know you will be joining a team that values both work-life balance and exceptional ability to execute.