Client Onboarding & Documentation Control Manager - Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
The Client Onboarding & Documentation (CO&D) utility is seeking a highly talented Associate to join one of the functional arms of CO&D Global Controls Team. The CO&D Global Controls Team is focused on ensuring a robust control environment for Wholesale KYC Operations, Digital Document Services, Client Tax Operations, and the Firmwide KYC Quality Assurance teams through the proactive identification and timely remediation of risk. This individual will be responsible for working across multiple business and cross-functional organizations and will be a member of the Exam Management team. Exam Management is responsible for managing AML/KYC Engagements (e.g. regulatory exams, regulatory reporting, internal/external audits and Compliance tests and monitoring) and special projects globally. This position offers the opportunity to interact across the global firmwide KYC, DDS, Tax and QA Programs as well as with Corporate Compliance, Corporate Exam Management, Internal Audit and cross-LOB Control and Operations partners. This position manages a caseload of KYC Engagements as well as regulatory reporting activities in adherence to protocols established for pre-exam preparation, on-site facilitation, post exam processes and regulatory requests. Key responsibilities include Engagement coordination, requesting and reviewing materials/data procurement, management reporting, request intake and issue identification.
- Effectively manage a caseload of AML/KYC Engagements including regulatory examinations, internal and external audits and Compliance tests and monitoring activities.
- Executive leadership and problem solving skills to help navigate complex global challenges in a highly fluid regulatory environment.
- Ensure consistency in communication with all stakeholders globally, including external third parties, consistent delivery of responsive documentation, and tracking/reporting of identified findings and remediation efforts.
- Manage large and complex data requested by regulators.
- Engage and develop effective partnerships with LOB Compliance teams, local and regional onboarding and banking teams, Oversight and Controls, Legal, Internal Audit and Operations.
- Review requests for information from examiners, auditors and testers, and, in a timely and effective manner, prepare sample KYC files and responses, or coordinate with subject matter experts to collect, review and submit responses.
- Prepare substantial written responses to inquiries, advocating when necessary, by applying the facts of each matter to the applicable laws or regulations at issue.
- Understand and become familiar with the various data sources, platforms, and tools
- Support automation or other control management related projects as required
Knowledge - Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with fluid regulatory and business requirements.
- Ability to reprioritize workload based on competing priorities.
- Strong presentation, communication, and investigative skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills along with the ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time. Solid judgment along with the ability to evaluate complex KYC and data issues.
- Analytical and organized with a systematic thought process and ability to work with data driven approach.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance, audit, risk and operational management concepts and the ability to understand and interpret the impact of policy and procedural changes, as well as identify and convey potential problem areas.
- Action-oriented and effective listening skills.
- Experienced and comfortable working with databases, familiarity with database concepts and language.
- Ability to review documentation and provide executive summary overviews and trending analysis.
- A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility across the organization.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills to develop relationships , throughout the region and at multiple levels of the organization. Demonstrate strong AML/KYC and data knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience required.
- Self-starter and results-oriented individual that can deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Advanced user knowledge of excel required (i.e. ability to efficiently review and analyze MIS data requests by performing internal and intelligent checks via formulas, pivots, and other data manipulation).
- Relevant years’ experience in Compliance, Risk/Controls or Audit within a Corporate Banking business of a financial institution (or this same experience obtained with a reputable financial consulting firm or public accounting firm).