SOFTWARE ENGINEER - AWS/JAVA
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls, and resiliency teams. The team under the group focuses on cybersecurity in Public Clouds. We proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls in Public Cloud Environments.
As a Cloud Security Software Engineer, you will help build solutions relating to Cloud Environment Governance and Protection, Auditing, Monitoring, Remediation and Reporting. You will help develop software solutions to ensure a secure Public Cloud environment and implement sufficient controls to safeguard and protect resources in Public Cloud.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Engage and improve the whole lifecycle of services - from inception and design through deployment, operation and refinement
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance software/tooling solutions
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Perform design and code reviews
- Develop and build solutions relating to Cloud Environment Governance and Protection, Auditing, Monitoring, Remediation and Reporting
- Design, develop and improve services to scale as the firm's cloud usage grows.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency and hands-on development experience within AWS services.
- Experience in developing enterprise software and proficiency in multiple technologies, preferably Java and Python
- CI/CD experience utilizing tools such as Github, Jenkins etc.
- Practical exposure with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) solutions such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Experience with development methodologies, e.g. Agile
- Work independently and collaborate within a team to develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- General awareness and interest in Security
- Proficiency and hands-on experience in Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, ELK stacks etc
- Experience with Azure, GCP or other Public Cloud environments is a plus.
- Cloud Certifications including AWS Developer Associate, AWS Solutions Architect Associate