Securities Services Cash Product Development - Vice President
Job Type: Full time
Securities Services – Cash Product Development – Vice President, Bournemouth
Cash, Liquidity and Foreign Exchange Product Development
The Securities Services Cash, Liquidity and Foreign Exchange Product Development team is responsible for articulating and implementing the target landscape for Securities Services’ cash, liquidity and FX capabilities. We set strategic direction, identify and govern investment proposals and manage end-to-end technology delivery across all aspects of cash, liquidity and foreign exchange activity. The surface area extends from instruction capture through transaction processing and settlement, and continues into data representation and onward reporting, to internal and external consumers and stakeholders.
Securities Services has identified our cash capabilities as a strategic investment area; we want to extend our services for clients and modernize and simplify our technology surface area. As such, we have an increased investment budget and strategic focus from our senior leadership and are expanding the Product Development team to make sure we have the right mix of resource and skillset.
This Vice President role is for an experienced individual who is highly motivated to learn, data literate and a strong change leader. The role offers the opportunity to work on one of the most critical strategic pillars of the Securities Services business strategy, supporting the definition of the target state for cash capabilities and translation into a roadmap for execution, alongside embedding cash data as a core component of the Data products.
- Take responsibility for delivery for components of the investment portfolio in line with the 2023 and subsequent roadmaps, demonstrating best practice in program and project management and execution
- Understand the cash landscape from a product and processing perspective; create roadmaps from current state to target state implementations, using business activities, system flows, data and metrics and operating models to define, quantify and analyse
- Prioritise and schedule work, understand / evaluate the relative importance of different pieces of work, manage dependencies across streams, and co-ordinate deliveries (all aspects of implementation and migrations)
- Collaborate with key stakeholder groups and manage dependencies across the Product, Operations and Technology leadership areas.
The successful candidate will have the following experience/characteristics:
- Strong track record of business delivery within Data or Financial Services; evidence of project and program management delivery
- Broad business understanding, with ability to capture end-to-end business flow and progressively deepen subject matter expertise, identifying impact and dependencies up and down stream
- Excellent written and oral communication, clarity of thought and the ability to express oneself clearly
- Problem solving skills, with the ability to see the big picture across lines of business, as well as being able to step in to understand the detail to help resolve issues as and when required
- Self-motivated, quick learner, being the focal point of a virtual project team, comfortable with responsibility
- Proven good judgment, particularly on prioritizing your own and others’ workloads – including managing multiple deliveries simultaneously
- Drive and determination – leading, influencing and driving programme contributors to meet overall project objectives
- Strong analytical / quantitative skills, using programs such as Microsoft Excel, Tableau
- Be able to build relationships across teams
- Be able to multi-task, effectively prioritise workloads, and manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Experience with system, process or data design, Target Operating Models