International Private Bank, Head of Execute - VP / ED
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Head of IPB Execute is responsible for the overall design and implementation of tools and services – both new and existing – for our ‘Execute’ pillar. Brokerage servicing is a key element of our investments platform, and this role will focus on how to grow, modernize, digitize and personalize such offering for clients. The selected candidate will be a business owner empowered to solve for advisor efficiency, client experience & digital engagement as well as the overarching controls environment. Consequently, the Head of IPB Execute will be tasked with further defining the ‘Execute’ pillar and underlying tools and services with a focus on enabling growth and scale.
Your ability to understand product, platform, advisor experience, client needs, user journeys, and then set a strategic direction and ensure execution in an agile framework is critical for success. You will report to the IPB Head of Investments & Engagement and will partner closely with the IPB & Solutions leadership teams, Design, Digital, Operations, Technology as well as Legal, Compliance & Risk stakeholders on driving product enhancements through the entire product management lifecycle and delivering innovative solutions to IPB clients and advisors.
Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and outstanding analytical and research skills. In addition to being a seasoned, well-trained professional, the successful candidate should be a strategic thinker with the ability to inspire confidence and have a management style that fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Understand client and advisor needs: Have a deep understanding and appreciation of the competitive landscape as well as the business opportunity, advisor & client needs to inform the strategic vision and final delivery. Participate in research to ascertain advisor & client needs, and to inform feature definition so that it is relevant and useful.
- Design, deliver and manage the governance framework of Execute: this will include tools and services that fall under the Execute platform, with a strong partnership with Solutions.
- Defines strategy, operating model, and roadmap to achieve vision and business goals: Determine the priority of projects and business capabilities. Manage the roadmap with prioritization and milestones that achieve a desired outcome within a specified timeframe. Partner with Solutions and IPB Investments & Engagement leadership to deliver features that meet client and business goals, while also meeting control requirements.
- KPI’s: Drive disciplined performance management by clearly defining and tracking of key performance indicators.
- Drive Coordination between Investments & Product Partners: Work closely with all Product Owners and partners to ensure that work is aligned, prioritized consistently, and delivers a cohesive experience.
- Leads the product development lifecycle: Collaborate with other product and requirement owners and designers to deliver end-to-end product and experience. Partner with Technology to triage issues end to end until full resolution is achieved. Communicate issue resolution to appropriate parties and escalate issue as necessary to ensure proper response.
- Establish approach to pilot/rollout new capabilities: including objective/scope, communication, training/support, and feedback/metrics.
- Embody true “customer-obsession”: in identifying and leveraging user data, key performance metrics, industry trends, and varying forms of client and advisor feedback to shape our design and roadmap.
- Develop and maintain deep relationships with delivery partners: including senior leaders, Technology, Operations, and control functions across the Private Bank.
- Several years' experience preferred in Wealth Management, Private Bank, or Asset Management industry, ideally in an investment, business development, or product owner capacity. Knowledge of platform capabilities and technologies is essential.
- Experience building a strategy and roadmap across a large, diverse, global organization.
- Extensive experience managing product delivery across multiple work streams with varying timelines, priorities, and complexities, ultimately launching new / enhanced product to market
- Ability to prioritize projects, say ‘no’ when required, and ensure our organization is on track to execute and deliver strategic change that meets our goals.
- Capability to quickly analyze business practices to identify risk and develop innovative solutions
- Has technical acumen to understand underlying systems and basic technology aspects. Familiar with agile methodology and similar processes used by a technology organization to execute. Demonstrates success working in an agile environment and partnering with scrum teams.
- Proven ability to execute via successful internal partnerships with other organizations.
- Influence peers with diverse points of view and build consensus.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders – Product Cabinet, Business Sponsor, Stakeholder Mapping
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to crisply articulate complex technical concepts to senior audiences with poise and confidence.
Please note - there is some flexibility on the location of this role.