Global Rates - Rates Inventory and Optimisation - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
An opening has arisen for an Associate to join the Rates Inventory and Optimisation desk.
The desk is part of JPMorgan’s Global Rates and Rates Exotics division and is responsible for pricing certain metrics of the trade (initial margin, capital, funding etc) as well as managing our Rates inventory.
- Pricing cleared IM, bilateral IM and IA, as well as impacts on capital
- Structuring and executing IM optimisation trades
- Management of certain legal entity constraints
- Opportunities will also exist to work on the development of products and platforms with a global reach involving cross border collaboration with colleagues
- The role requires the candidate to have relevant trading/pricing experience in interest rates derivatives.
- Candidate must be analytically strong with a positive approach to work.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in mathematics/finance/economics
- Sound analytical, numerical and quantitative skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Excel knowledge. Experience of modelling / coding would be of benefit but is not a pre-requisite
- Interest in markets and macro trends
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.