Private Banking Controller- Finance-VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Private Banking Controller team for EMEA excluding Switzerland is responsible for financial oversight of the business and is tasked with ensuring that a strong control environment exists as it relates to all products and operational areas that impact the financials and financial regulatory reporting of the firm.
Vice President Roles and Responsibilities
This role provides an opportunity to interact with multiple lines of business and internal stakeholders while learning financial controllership end-to-end. The Vice President will be a key member of the team, liaising with Line of Business (LOB) finance leads, Operations, and the wider Controller community, as well as having oversight of the work of junior team members.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Communicate and partner with senior management and internal stakeholders across the firm on various matters impacting the financials
- Preparation and/or review of month-end analytics of the business financials to help ensure completeness and accuracy of the books and records
- Financial accounting & control on a monthly basis, including oversight of the month-end close process, oversight of LOB owned product system and review of unnatural general ledger balances
- Act as a key contact for auditors, both internal and external, and help with preparation of materials requested by these auditors
- Prepare and review local regulatory reporting (such as FINREP and ICAAP) inputs for Private Bank on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Participate in and help drive the overall agenda on controls management, firm wide legal entity reporting projects including infrastructure and process improvement efforts and other Controller initiatives as needed
- Drive process improvement to enhance reporting and gain efficiencies using automation tools
- Investigate, analyse, and resolve issues and respond to ad-hoc queries.
Qualifications and attributes required
The right candidate will be a qualified accountant with 6+ years experience working in a finance/accounting/LEC/regulatory reporting/products-related area. They will also possess the following attributes:
- Excellent accounting and analytical acumen, with the ability to understand and explain income statement and balance sheet content and variances
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills. Knowledge of automation tools is a plus.
- Self-motivated, strong initiative and work ethic; ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to juggle conflicting priorities and work well under pressure
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to prepare executive level presentations
- Ability to partner effectively with others, as well as act as an advisor to business partners and stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to deep dive on processes/issues and improve controls/efficiencies
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills
- Always a team player