Equity Derivatives Sales Support Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for Consumers and Businesses, financial transaction processing, Asset and Wealth management, and Private Equity. The firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent Corporate, Institutional and Government Clients.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of 11 individuals delivering Sales, Client and Global Operational Oversight for the Equity Derivatives Sales Business. The role is fundamentally focused on providing post-trade Sales Support and has extensive Front Office & Client interaction.
Candidates ideally would have a clear understanding of the end to end Trade Lifecycle from Front Office through to Back. Leveraging their skillset to identify sub-optimal processes and using their creativity and intuition to implement remedial solutions.
A working knowledge of Equity Derivatives is desirable, but our focus is on hiring Candidates who show a Collaborative and Determined attitude to deliver an exceptional service for the Sales and Clients who we support.
We are looking for individuals who are not just happy with an issue being resolved and moving on. High performing Candidates are those who have a thirst to understand a complicated process conceptually, understanding – ‘What is the problem?’ ‘Why is this a problem?’ And ‘How do we solve it and ensure it does not reoccur?’
A huge element of the role is building a network of stakeholders across the globe from New York & Hong Kong to Buenos Aires & Singapore. Therefore interpersonal skills are essential and a huge part of what we focus on when hiring. We can always train a process; it is much harder to train a personality!
Role & Responsibilities:
This role will involve daily interaction with Sales, Trading, Clients, Middle Office & our Global Operations groups; as well as frequent interaction with Technology and Project delivery teams. The Primary responsibility will be the day to day management of a Sales Desk, coordinating all aspects of pre and post trade support to the client including:
- Supporting a number of the 12 Sales desks and 92 Sales people spread across the EMEA region; working in collaboration with your team members to ensure a smooth process from the moment a Client is Onboarded all the way until Settlement
- Owning a Portfolio of Clients with whom your Sales Desk trade with; becoming the one point of contact for that Client for any queries throughout their Trading relationship with JPM
- Managing the end to end Operations for your Sales desk and Clients. Retaining a global oversight of our Operational teams and ensuring we help our Operational partners in providing an exceptional Client experience
- Managing Derivative lifecycle events, from coordinating trade bookings and Novations; through to cash flow events such as Resets, Dividends & Expiries.
- Acting as an escalation point for all parts of the Trade lifecycle, facing off to Sales and Clients to manage their expectations and find solutions
- Degree Educated or JPM Apprenticeship Alumni [Desired]
- Derivatives product experience and understanding [Desired]
- Client or Investment Banking Middle Office experience [Desired]
- Sales Support can be a high pressurised environment and Candidates should be comfortable with being able to multi task a number of high profile escalations whilst managing expectations throughout. There is never a boring day in this role! [Essential]
- Being able to take a step back and problem solve at a macro scale. Using your conceptual understanding of the products and processes to implement intuitive solutions [Essential]
- Diligent approach to work; accuracy and precision is vital [Essential]
- A personality that works well in a team environment, who can help inspire and motivate their peers [Essential]
- Strong MS Office skills ( Excel, Power Point, Word & Visio) [Essential]
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. We work with Clients and internal Stakeholders from many different backgrounds and languages; so an ability to convey a clear, concise and structured message is essential [Essential]