Digital Platform Services Network Management - Network Manager
Job Type: Full time
Network Management is a global function within Digital & Platform Services (DPS) of the CIB responsible for managing J.P. Morgan’s network of agent banks and Financial Market Infrastructures (FMIs) to meet the firm’s requirements for oversight of cash and securities services for principal and client activities. The network of providers includes banks, sub custodians, payment systems, central counterparties, securities depositories and cheque clearing systems.
Accountable for managing all aspects of Agent Bank/FMI relationships in selected markets, this will include:
- Ensuring deep understanding of and compliance with Legal and Regulatory requirements for all jurisdictions required by the Business and their clients
- Accountable for completing the Due Diligence and Final Assessment Report activities for assigned markets within regulatory, policy and procedural deadlines
- Accountable for regulatory and legal attestations for assigned markets
- Ensuring escalation of any matters that may impact completion of legal and regulatory requirements in a timely manner to ensure remediation within the required timeframes
- Maintaining strong relationships with the lines of business and other partners, being able to articulate the key business strategies and requirements.
- Maintaining deep understanding of the markets assigned and strong ability to apply knowledge to support the Business and client needs and strategies – identifying solutions and delivering required outcomes
- Providing thought leadership around market and regulatory change, having a deep understanding of how this will impact the Businesses and clients
- Driving advocacy in the markets, identified via the due diligence process, and business and client needs.
- Accountable for the delivery of agent bank change in assigned markets, identified via the due diligence process, and business and client needs.
- Ensuring market information review requests are expedited to ensure swift delivery to Businesses and clients
- Responding promptly and effectively to any market specific enquiries and escalations received from Businesses, clients, and Network Management colleagues.
- Accountable for achieving fee reductions identified via the pricing strategy
- Support audit requirements as required
- Participate in and contribute to committees and governance forums as required
- Accountable for management of crisis events impacting the covered markets, communicating, and coordinating activities across stakeholders and partners
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Strong experience in Third Party Oversight, risk, control, and regulatory management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Ability to identify and negotiate innovative solutions to challenges and issues.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work across the global Network Management team and across J.P. Morgan, developing partnerships with other departments and functional areas such as Compliance, Legal, Risk and Technology.
- Attention to detail combined with an ability to absorb information and develop a strategic approach.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with regard to assessing risk and Ability to “join the dots” and evidence good judgment under pressure.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills:
- Previous Network Management experience.
- Experience in securities processing / sub custody / settlements or corporate actions.