CIB Client Service Analyst
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a top tier liquidity provider in global FX markets offering competitive pricing across 300 currency pairs in cash and derivative products. We offer a full spectrum of currency services - from plain vanilla to exotic options; from major currencies to emerging markets. Operations specialists are located in all major FX centers, to support our clients' needs.
FX Services Business
FX Services is part of Global FX, and provides spot and forward foreign exchange services to clients of various JPMC businesses i.e. Securities Services, Wholesale Payments, Retail and Commercial Bank, and the Private Bank. Services provided include execution of client instructed FX transactions related to securities trades, dividend and income receipts, corporate actions, tax reclaim activity and payment related instructions.
FX Services also provides Currency Overlay Solutions (COS) services predominantly to custody clients. Automated hedging is provided for FX market risk arising from investments in international assets denominated in currencies other than the client’s base currency. The FX Services business has been at the forefront of currency risk management. Using JPMorgan’s global scope, liquidity, credit quality, market intelligence and research, our clients benefit from our global capabilities to manage their unique risk profile and investment objectives.
FX Services Middle Office
The role of the FX Services Middle Office team is to minimize operational and financial risk as well as maintaining a high quality control environment. The FX Services Trade Support team provides support to the FX Services Trading desk by ensuring all transactions are captured correctly, reconciliation checks are completed and all required controls are performed. In addition, the team is responsible for running a bespoke set of controls, including various static data reconciliations; the monitoring of accurate and fair client pricing; checking liquidity providers; and ensuring the desk follow due process on executions for Affiliate and ERISA client transactions.
The trade support team is responsible for:
- Trade capture and processing of trade amends and cancellations
- Deal query resolution from Back Office / Front Office / Clients – monitoring root causes for patterns
- Monitoring and managing changes to client requirements
- Day to day direct face off to the trading desk, Business Management, Business Control Manager and Product leads from partner businesses
- Partnering with technology and Product teams to improve current systems / procedures, and build out new initiatives
- Lead / actively participate in various FX Services NBIA’s and new projects, providing both an operational and control perspective
- Responsible for the running of reconciliations and investigation of subsequent exceptions generated including: FOBO Recs, Rate Tolerance Controls, Static Data Checks, etc.
- Identify and address opportunities for improvement; taking appropriate actions to deliver simple and innovative solutions that improve the business and initiate and effect positive change.
- Proactively identify issues/gaps within the processes and offer solutions to close the gaps; identify root cause of problems and implement robust, strategic, controlled and cost effective solutions/recommendations.
- Prioritisation of workload due to shifting business priorities in order to meet deliverable deadlines
- Collate and produce volumes, cancels and amends MIS, and KPI’s on key controls for the monthly Business Control Forums
- Prepare Operations deck for monthly Ops meeting with business head, trading desk head, business management and business control office
- A solid level of derivatives product knowledge and an understanding of CIB Risk and/or Middle Office systems.
- Experience working in Middle Office or Change Management teams with a sound understanding of the Front to Back trade lifecycle.
- Experience of reengineering processes and achieving positive change.
- Effective and confident communicator in order to deal with a diverse range of employees and clients, and be able to succeed in a demanding and fast paced environment. Ability to interface and influence at all levels
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate bespoke Client models, operational processes and potential model re-engineering.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite / Visio.
- Highly articulate, motivated, very flexible and will use their initiative to fully develop the role.
- An independent, analytical thinker who can quickly assimilate situations through to the associated risks, business or control issues.
- Committed and hardworking with a strong ability to prioritise - this role will be demanding in both terms of quantity and pressure of work.
- Highly numerate with excellent keyboard skills and a high-level of computer literacy.
- Awareness and understanding of the large financial risks that can be incurred through operational errors and control risks.
- Well organised with excellent time and people management skills.
- Act independently and autonomously in facing off to the various stakeholder groups outlined above in order to drive the internal decision making process.
- Motivation to self-start as well as ability to work as part of a high performing team.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.