CIB - Instrument Reference Data - Service Delivery Manager/ Vice President (Bournemouth)
Job Type: Full time
An exciting opportunity to join the Digital and Platform Services team, specifically within Asset Reference Data Services (ARDS). The role reports to the Director of EMEA Instrument Reference Data Service Delivery, as part of the newly created Service Delivery Team.
Asset Reference Data Services (ARDS)
ARDS was created with the mission to help improve the quality, integrity and reliability of the firm's critical data, covering the Instrument and Pricing domains, sitting within Securities Services. The organization's objectives are to deliver business impact through fit-for-purpose data, improve data capabilities across multiple lines of businesses (LOBs), implement data controls and deliver reference data. ARDS establishes expectations that drive consistent data governance practices, develops technologies and processes to support data governance capabilities. The team partners with LOBs to embed data governance best practices and capabilities and ensures sustainability, by refining, measuring and improving the ability to manage data.
Within ARDS, the Instrument Reference Data Operations team, sources and provides subscribers with high quality Reference Data, from major external market providers, all under a single operating model. Instrument attributes are sourced, validated, mastered and distributed via J.P. Morgan’s strategic Reference Data architecture and is subsequently used for trading, risk management, fund valuation, settlement, and regulatory reporting.
We are seeking an experienced Vice-President level candidate, based in Bournemouth, to join a newly created team, to provide senior support and relationship management to the EMEA businesses (Markets and Securities Services) supported by ARDS. The role will facilitate the implementation and long-term rollout, of a robust Governance framework and global operating model to service the EMEA businesses. The successful candidate should be able to establish and maintain strong internal ARDS and line of business stakeholder relationships and manage the governance and service delivery process with a focus on continuous improvement of the ARDS service.
- Responsible for ensuring the EMEA operating model is effectively servicing the instrument requirements of the EMEA businesses, strongly focused on Securities Services. Relationship management of key stakeholders in the region is paramount.
- Responsible for the timely execution of operations tasks, stakeholder updates, resolving and escalating issues.
- Represent and/or lead governance forums in EMEA, covering both ARDS and line of business operational feedback and updates, on technology and process changes.
- Work with Ops managers to ensure proper controls are in place and are adhered to, whilst identifying any potential gaps, in order to reduce operational losses.
- Where required, project manage operational initiatives related to productivity, process streamlining and automation.
- Assist, where needed, with the management of productivity initiatives and any activity that will contribute to the annual operational productivity targets.
- Understand the broader ARDS and downstream LOB architecture, in order to complete the relevant analysis for special projects impacting the strategic reference data platform within EMEA
- Partner with technology and other operations teams to deliver the relevant support.
- Assist with the development of performance MIS/KPI.
- Responsibility for the governance schedule for the businesses support.
- Consolidated experience within Financial Services ideally in a Relationship/Service delivery management role or a Data Management role.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills and related experience.
- Data Analytics experience in Tableau and Alteryx would be beneficial.
- Practical experience in data collation and presentation.
- Good influencing & communication skills, with the ability to work with others, at all levels and across disciplines in a virtual organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically with respect to data, technology and risk & control.
- Ability to deal with issues on a global, cross business levels.
- Proactive and pragmatic approach - recognized as someone who get things done.
- Domain knowledge of financial products such as Equity, Fixed Income and/or Derivatives products.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, under pressure and to fixed deadlines.
- Strong practical experience of Excel, Visio, PowerPoint.