EMEA Cash Prime Brokerage | Client Service | Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Prime Services Middle Office Client Facing Department is responsible for owning Operational client experience across the Prime clients. This is a client facing role that requires extensive client interaction & communication together with working with various global internal teams as required. The candidate will be expected to hone and utilize their technical and communication skills to effectively drive client change. The role also includes ensuring that all aspects of transaction management are completed on time, exceptions are resolved and provide subject matter expertise to the hedge fund clients.
Understanding the client experience is critical to delivering change in this role. Utilizing technology to increase client efficiency is key. This is often achieved by employing data analytical solutions to enhance the client experience and increase operational efficiency. It’s expected that the individual is able to work through tasks of varying difficulty with external and internal stakeholders and resolve in a timely and efficient manner.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Perform root cause analysis for their respective clients to increase STP and reduce client inquiries. The resolution of these queries will often be achieved using analytical tools.
- Accountable for end to end transaction management lifecycle for their respective client coverage. This includes trade capture, settlement exceptions and cash management.
- Deliver on the change agenda by partnering with the technology/strategy team do deliver system enhancements
- Work as part of the global team performing follow the sun hand offs to ensure a smooth global coverage for global clients.
- Partner with technology strategy team to help identify internal and external facing technology improvement opportunities.
- High level of client service focus and constantly looking to improve the client experience
- Understanding of the control agenda in order to be able to prioritize and escalate risk issues on a timely basis
- Provide operations subject matter expertise to clients where required.
- Actively seek opportunities to lead and contribute to initiatives outside immediate area of responsibility
- Exhibit a positive, can-do attitude with inquisitive curiosity
- Take ownership, act with a sense of urgency and exceed expectations by over-communicating
- Investigate root causes of process inefficiencies and make proposals on opportunities for process improvement
- Build in-depth understanding of the client’s organisation, business priorities, culture and operating model and determine how best to leverage our products and capabilities to continuously add value for the client
- Knowledge of Prime, Equities & Fixed Income products preferred
- Excellent grasp and understanding of trade lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
- Knowledge of Global markets and settlement practices
- Operate effectively in a dynamic environment with excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage, prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong Interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business and control partners
- Ability to use data to create metrics and reporting
- Experience of interacting and communicating with clients