Client Data Manager - Tax Compliance and Documentation Vice President (VP) - Tax Operations
Job Type: Full time
You will be a key part of the team, which is in charge of the review and acceptance of client tax documentation, the maintenance of data in a variety of systems, regular review of existing client files to ensure data consistency and processing of any ad hoc changes requested by our clients. You will work in a fast paced environment where prioritization is key to succeed.
The Onboarding Tax Team is responsible for the control of client tax documentation and setup as well as the ongoing maintenance of Private Banking Accounts across mainly multiple European Jurisdictions and ensuring compliance with local tax and regulatory static data requirements.
In addition the Team coordinates the Tax projects from an operational perspective, plus they also act as Center of Excellence for the Business who refer to them for any Onboarding/Operational Tax issues/questions or complex situation.
Your responsibilities will include the complete review of client tax documentation and systems input, provisioning of guidance, advice and training to other teams, but may also have advise on a wide range of tax documents issues relevant to account opening and due diligence, adding controls and reconciliation in order to ensure that information stored in our systems is accurate and in line with client’s documentation.
As a manager will monitor the different tax priority, creating metrics and statistics generation.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Law degree or legal background
- A degree qualification or professional certification relating to tax
- Deep knowledge of the different structures open within the Wealth Management industry
- Excellent knowledge of AML/KYC requirements or Economic Sanctions laws and regulations gained within a corporate environment
- Familiar with Common Reporting Standard
- Familiar with US tax forms
- General knowledge on the European tax regime, ie in Spanish, Italian, UK, French, German.
- Excellent organizational skills - attention to detail, methodical, process driven with the ability to work accurately to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently and prioritize effectively
- A flexible, team spirited approach with the ability to work independently
- High ethical values, a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel intermediate level required)
- Fluency in English mandatory / fluency in any European languages would also be a strong advantage