Head of AWS Platform Engineering
Job Type: Full time
The Cloud Foundational Services group is responsible for defining, developing, engineering and operating cloud products consumed by our Application Development Partners across the firm. Our Product Portfolio includes Private and Public Cloud Platforms and a wide range of services such as databases, messaging and telemetry.
As Head of AWS Platform Engineering you will managing the engineering teams aligned with building out the bank's AWS platforms, ensuring platform deliverables are pushed to production on time and to the required risk, control and quality standards. Enablement of public cloud providers is one of the most critical technology shifts for JP Morgan; achieving our multi-cloud evolution will transform how our internal clients deliver new, innovative business solutions.
As the lead of our core engineering team you will play a major role in the design and development of the foundation public cloud platform and control plane that covers provisioning, identity, networking and integration into firm-wide services. Redevelopment of our platform offerings to make available innovative adoption patterns will be a primary focus. You will bring your past experience to a talented group to further evolve the technical capabilities of our organization, provide leadership and mentoring across the wider engineering group and drive innovation across our platforms and engineers.
- Partner with key technology stakeholders to ensure appropriate relationship management across the public cloud ecosystem
- Managing scope, timelines and prioritization of projects and backlog, working closely with business stakeholders and product owners.
- Individual development contribution across some or all of the various components, all members of the core platform engineering team are expected (and encouraged) to contribute
- Face off to and manage business and technology stakeholders across the organization, including line of business development teams, product owners, other technology teams and Finances management.
- Follow and promote Agile practices like Scrum and TDD/BDD
- Ensure consistency with and synergy across the public cloud platform by collaborating regularly with peers across partner product and architecture teams.
- Maintain optimism and adaptability when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve complex problems and continuously optimize processes
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience of using at least one major public cloud platform (AWS, Google, Azure) and strong knowledge of key architectural principals to adhere to.
- Highly proficient in at least one programming language, preferably Python, Golang or Java.
- Ability to design workloads in cloud for resiliency and performance utilizing cloud native design principles.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - desire to solve complex problems at scale
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with impeccable executive communication skills
- Experience in project managing large scale Technology projects that involve distributed engineering teams
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experience with IAM of the various cloud providers, implementing least-privilege and effective analysis of controls.
- Understanding of key cloud network concepts (Direct Connect/Interconnect, VPC, Transit networks, security groups/firewalls)
- Hands on experience with Terraform and HCL
- Cyber security fundamentals and working knowledge
What’s in it for you?
Besides being in cool team, we thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver products to continually help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual.
- Continued career advancement opportunities, including industry recognized certifications, such as AWS and CKAD
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- Professional and technical development programs
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative, diverse team that encourages networking