CIB - Investment Banking - Analyst/Associate, Technology - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As an Analyst/Associate you will be a key player in our business strategy and execution. You will participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations. You will play a leadership role in implementing the execution function including working with other analysts and associates, as well as assisting more senior bankers. Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success. Working with the broader team, you will be provided opportunities to be involved real-time in transactions that may include travel.
- J.P. Morgan advises clients on a wide range of strategic transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, asset purchases and disposals, JVs, corporate defence assignments, equity capital raises as well as debt financing.
- The J.P Morgan Technology team is composed of a team of professionals with -proficient client relationships across a broad range of leading companies. The team is seeking an experienced candidate for an Analyst/Associate position in London.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
J.P. Morgan's EMEA Technology Group is responsible for the origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions.
The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable role in all aspects of executing transactions and maintaining strategic dialogue with clients as part of the wider advisory role. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Preparation of presentation books, management presentations, Board materials, Memorandums, and other presentation materials for use in corporate finance transactions or strategic client dialogue
- Detailed valuation analysis, including DCF, trading comparables, transaction comparables and LBO analysis
- Detailed combination, transaction structuring and other financial analysis
- Daily deal execution and project management of clients
- Interaction with senior team members and client management teams on a daily basis to execute transactions and discuss strategic alternatives
- Acting as a core member of the team, actively participating in enhancing the team’s presence, visibility and initiatives and being a culture carrier at J.P. Morgan
Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant full-time prior experience in investment banking as part of a country or sector coverage team, with a track record of assisting with executing M&A and capital markets transactions
- Ability to comfortably interact with clients in-person and virtually in a professional and mature manner
- Proven financial modelling/valuation skills and comfortable working with corporate finance related topics
- Ability to handle pressure whilst multitasking on numerous projects
- High level of work ethic, comfortable working in a team environment and willing to coach junior team members with respect
- High level of attention to detail and developed time management skills
- Highly organized, detail orientated and proactive
- Able to proactively flag and / or solve client concerns
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills