Site Reliability Engineer III (Windows, Powershell,Python, Active Directory) - Hybrid Working
Job Type: Full time
There’s nothing more exciting than being at the center of a rapidly growing field in technology and applying your skillsets to drive innovation and modernize the world's most complex and mission-critical systems.
As a Site Reliability Engineer III at JPMorgan Chase, you will solve complex and broad business problems with simple and straightforward solutions. Through code and cloud infrastructure, you will configure, maintain, monitor, and optimize applications and their associated infrastructure to independently decompose and iteratively improve on existing solutions. You are a significant contributor to your team by sharing your knowledge of end-to-end operations, availability, reliability, and scalability of your application or platform.
- Guides and assists others in the areas of building appropriate level designs and gaining consensus from peers where appropriate
- Collaborates with other software engineers and teams to design and implement deployment approaches using automated continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Collaborates with other software engineers and teams to design, develop, test, and implement availability, reliability, scalability, and solutions in their applications
- Implements infrastructure, configuration, and network as code for the applications and platforms in your remit
- Collaborates with technical experts, key stakeholders, and team members to resolve complex problems
- Understands service level indicators and utilizes service level objectives to proactively resolve issues before they impact customers
- Supports the adoption of site reliability engineering best practices within your team
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on site reliability engineering concepts and 3+ years applied experience.
- Excellent understanding of the Windows Operating system
- Good understanding and knowledge of Group Policy Management and Organization Unit structure within Active Directory
- Proficient in site reliability culture and principles and familiarity with how to implement site reliability within an application or platform.
- Proficient knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a given technical discipline (e.g., Cloud, artificial intelligence, Android, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools like Jenkins, GitLab, or Terraform
- Familiarity with container and container orchestration such as ECS, Kubernetes, and Docker
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $14B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.