CIB - Markets Post Trade Transformation – FX Business Architect - Vice President - Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
As a Business Architect within MPTT you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the FX business process blueprint, current and future vision, partnering closely with FX Operations, providing expertise to operational delivery teams and Technology to create holistic business and technology solutions. You will enable all stakeholders to share a common understanding of the FTPS (Future Transaction Processing System) service and the broader long-term post trade platform strategy, enabling teams and individuals to work together effectively to address challenges and meet business objectives.
The successful applicant will be part of a global team delivering key aspects of the Markets’ Transformation vision and strategy. The individual will partner closely with Operations and Technology Leads to translate the Business and Product Owners’ requirements to define business process and operating model designs that align to the platform strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Product Owner (PO) to define the business vision and critical success criteria
- Adopt an outcome based design approach utilising OKR’s to stretch delivery outcomes & exceed client and user expectations
- Develop and maintain the FX current and future business process architecture
- Create the Business Case to support the Design vision. Partner with key stakeholders to secure funding to support Design execution.
- Own and maintain the Design roadmap and sequencing
- Conduct cross line of business (LOB) voice of client analysis
- Represent Operations at Business Design Authority Groups (BDA’s, DAG’s)
- Raise and influence prioritisation of PO’s requirements via DAG Jira’s
- Manage business process debt. Own the design back-log in JIRA to govern
- Influence Design solutions that support cross LOB reusable, scalable services. Identify LOB nuances requiring bespoke solutions
- Collaborate and engage with key stakeholders across geographic regions and disciplines: chair proof of concept (POC) demo’s, solicit feedback on prototypes
- Work with the Solutions Architects to develop technical solutions that deliver the Business vision
- Provide quality assurance for design decisions, ensuring alignment to PO’s vision
- Provide expertise and leadership regarding implementation of the Design architecture
- Maintain knowledge and share ideas relating to emerging vendor products that may enhance the businesses capabilities
- Own Design project management and governance providing transparency to stakeholders of design plan progression to include: status, milestone updates and RAID log (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies)
- Build stakeholder momentum and excitement around the future state
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Experience of Programme / Project Management
- Business Analysis: highly analytical and inquisitive. Track record of synthesizing and summarizing complex data or findings to drive decision making
- Markets Operations experience covering Confirmations/Affirmations, Settlements, workflow management, reference data and reporting
- The ability to build a strong Business Strategy and a compelling Business Case
- A confident Leader, Communicator and Team player, adjusting the pitch to suit the audience and comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders
- A strong sense of partnership, collaboration and engagement
- Customer centricity: focussed on keeping the operational user and client requirements front and centre
- Visionary: skilled at navigating highly complex cross LOB processes, confident in taking a blank canvas to evolve innovative and far sighted solutions
- Innovative: adept at challenging your thinking and that of others, constructively disruptive, motivated to socialise and test revolutionary ideas and prototypes driving competitive advantage through service differentiation and scale
- Influential and experienced at driving thought leadership, particularly where integral to programme decision making
- A Control mindset driving strong programme discipline and governance
- Ability to demonstrate personal initiative, ownership and accountability
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Knowledge of FX, Derivatives or Commodities products is an advantage
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services, entrusted by the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions.
- Business in over 100 countries
- $21.4 trillion in assets
- 49,000 employees globally
Markets Post Trade Transformation
The Markets Post Trade Transformation Team is responsible for delivering key programs and capabilities focused on efficient and scalable infrastructure, exceptional client service, best-in class controls and a solid foundation for commercialising our firm’s assets.
You will be supporting the FX Markets businesses within the CIB.
Operations at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. Our Operations teams manage and process our clients’ business, we develop innovative and secure services and solutions that meet our clients’ end-to-end needs. They are aligned to our business and our regional footprint in more than 60 countries around the world; there are opportunities across our organization in Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank and across our Corporate Functions.
As a member of the Operations team, you will help drive our clients’ business forward, while getting a behind-the-scenes look at how our own businesses run, you’ll work on implementing new ideas to improve and enhance our client services - driving increased productivity and efficiencies for our clients and the firm:
- Direct impact - Operations covers every line of business, from consumer banking to sales and trading.
- Breaking down global barriers - Operational excellence is key to working across every time zone in every currency.
- Strong foundation - Develop global solutions, collaborate with experts and learn skills you can apply anywhere.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building an operations organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global operations team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JP Morgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer disability/veteran.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.