Program Manager / BA, Securities Processing - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Technology Strategy and Execution – BA/PM
Delivering high-quality and timely solutions on the front to back platform requires strong business analysis, product knowledge, technical and problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in financial markets, subject matter expertise in securities processing and/or custody, and a proven track record in working on complex technology projects.
This specific role will be within an aggressive delivery team tasked with building an in-house Securities Processing technology platform globally, encompassing a Trade Booking layer, Settlement Engine capable of supporting all global markets, an Asset/Stock Record, an Asset Servicing solution & a strategic Data-Warehouse to support downstream requirements for reporting and analytics.
The successful candidate will work within the Securities Processing E2E team as a hands-on business analyst who will leverage their knowledge to drive the strategic securities processing strategy for the custody business. They will have strong analysis skills and be able to drive large-scale technical solutions across the full application stack.
The ability to bridge the gap between business and technology is paramount in this role, to drive the business forward in their objectives.
- Initial responsibility will be as a business analyst/technology lead for the delivery of the integrated trade booking, settlement, and Asset Record flow for International Custody
- Project management & oversight of the deliverables & resources distributed across many different technology teams across the front to back application stack.
- Defines the cross-application functional architecture / system flow to meet the business needs and partners with multiple Product, Operations & Technology leads globally to deliver an E2E solution
- Understands business requirements, performs detailed analysis, and produces associated functional specifications across multiple functions and applications.
- Conducts test driven analysis to investigate differences between new vs existing system processing
- Assesses ability to meet process SLAs across AD teams
- Defines and tracks the end-to-end build, testing, and implementation timeline across all applications
- Participation in large-scale “highly-visible” SIT/UAT testing cycles managing technology and business stakeholders
- Trains relevant teams prior to go-live of new business processes/products, functionality or applications
- Produces implementation approach, timelines, and go-live strategy.
- Go-live support, investigation of issues.
- Provide regular updates to senior management in Technology, Operations, or Custody Product organizations
- Strong background of understanding end to end trade processing lifecycle (including: instruction capture, settlements, books and records, legal entity flows, accounting and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with the Custody Product, Operations and Technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
- Ability to coherently construct and present business requirements and solutions based on input from various sources
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Good judgement, risk assessment, and escalation skills
- Strong project management skills; experience of full project life-cycle, including breaking requirements down into technical deliverables, estimating the work required, and building detailed project plans
- Proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a positive attitude
- Excellent teamwork
- Strong time management; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
- Experience in working with technology development teams during build and implementation phases
- Experience in writing UAT Test Plans and/or Test Scripts, together with managing the user testing phase of projects
- Experience and/or willing to be involved in the technical detail of projects and systems both in terms of analysis, modelling and problem solving
- Experience in Custody products
- Degree level education or equivalent
- 10+ years experience within similar industry area
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/ .
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.