Cash and Cards Payment Specialist, Credit Cards, Chase UK
Job Type: Full time
Chase and Nutmeg are both important parts of the JPMorgan Chase family. Chase is a leading provider of traditional and digital financial services worldwide.
We operate like a start-up, embedded within a leading global financial institution. We are working together in powerful partnership to ethically disrupt the financial services market in the UK. Our vision is to inspire and equip our customers to get more from their money, all from the palm of their hand, with our innovative and seamless mobile banking app, supported by our friendly and knowledgeable customer support team.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the centre.
This role will require in-depth knowledge of credit cards and payments processes to resolve business incidents, an analytical approach to problem solving and an ability to work effectively with cross functional streams across product, technology and business teams. The role should also support development of enhanced business processes to support credit card operations.
Cash & Card Operations team (C&C Ops) is responsible for accurate investigation and resolution of cards and payments related enquiries for Chase UK.
Note - This team only investigates complex enquiries and the general ones are handled by Contact Centre team.
- Investigate complex business enquires/problems and mitigate customer issues
- Engage with multiple technical/vendor teams to raise issues as part of the investigation and track till resolution
- Gather requirements and support the build of tools and processes to enhance the work of the C&C Ops Team
- Liaise with Development & other Operations teams to co-ordinate the C&C Ops journeys.
- Log audit trail and documentation to support the work performed.
- Analyze current performance of the team and publish statistics and reports.
- Support and deliver training material for Contact Centre and Ops teams.
- Train Contact Centre team on Cards & Payments knowledge when required
- Create and update playbooks for C&C Ops Team for new payment products.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in managing credit card operations of large players
- Good understanding of core credit card features like interest calculation, payment hierarchy, minimum due, fee calculation etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of cards scheme /network (Mastercard, Visa, Amex etc), end-to-end authorization flow, 3DS authentication, Digital wallets, ISO8583 format etc.
- Willingness to learn new schemes (FPS / BACS if not known already) and rulebooks to support C&C Ops.
- Diverse product knowledge, with an ability to develop an understanding of new products
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyze the information, identify the problems, and work towards finding the solutions
- Ability to partner and influence across businesses and other support groups
- Control focus and mind-set at all times.
- Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels
- A relevant degree, accounting, or financial qualification would be beneficial