Core Engineering Java Developer
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Enterprise Technology Services, a division of the Chief Technology Office, drives innovation, resiliency and efficiency for the firm through delivery of advanced, integrated, technology solutions and services. We are seeking a ServiceNow Senior Software Engineer for the Digital Workflows program, a key part of JPMorgan’s strategy to transform the delivery of Global Technology Services.
We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. As an experienced professional in software development, you'll shape the technology solutions that drive strategic initiatives across the firm. In addition to leading the development team to create new solutions, you'll help optimize existing technology and identify new capabilities. While your role requires deep technological skills – including expertise in everything from data management to functional design – it also hinges on teamwork and leadership. You'll offer clear guidance and feedback to your colleagues, while promoting the values, culture and brand of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Design, code, test, and deliver software leveraging firm-wide frameworks and best practices for the ServiceNow platform.
- Follow and enhance the scrum practices for continuous team processes improvement
- Collaborate with the Business Analysis team for producing estimates and agile delivery plans
- Mentor junior developers on their growth as professionals (technical and soft skills)
- Guide and inspire the team through technical issues and challenges
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or graduation from a reputed organization
- Mid Level + experience in software development
- Fluent on the following areas: OOD, Design Patterns Test Driven Development, SOLID principles, Git, IntelliJ/Eclipse, event messaging (MQ, Kafka)
- Fluent on the following frameworks: Spring Core, Spring Boot, Angular
- Working proficiency in development toolsets and continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD)
- Understanding of business needs, including how data is used and managed, and functional design
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Experience of working with ServiceNow is a bonus , in particular understanding of the ServiceNow data model