Underwriter, Chase UK
Job Type: Full time
Chase are looking for experienced underwriters to join our newly formed team, at our state of the art offices in Edinburgh, to support the launch of a brand new credit product.
Our underwriting team will be at the heart of ensuring fair decisions for new applicants as we build and scale our business. This exciting role will ensure you get to work with Credit Risk and Lending Product, providing direct feedback to help us optimise our processes.
This role is an unique opportunity to be part of building digital products and services across the globe in a start-up atmosphere, backed by one of the leading financial services providers worldwide (JP Morgan Chase & Co)
- Ensuring referred applications or appeals are underwritten optimally, while working within our Credit Risk mandates
- Provide subject matter expertise and use keen investigative skills to resolve complex onboarding queries and lending complaints
- Ensure the team operate within the service level agreements - we believe everyone is responsible for delivering the right outcomes in a timely manner
- Support new product design and process optimization by continually identifying areas where we can improve
- Understand the consumer finance market to assist with lending decisions given
- Closely track MI to monitor the performance of the team
- Understand complex cases and continually observe for additional red flags (such as potential first party fraud indicators)
- Keep detailed and accurate records of the underwriting decisions and articulate clearly why decisions have been made
- Adhere to the FCA Conduct Rules
- Strong understanding of the underwriting processes and procedures with a focus on new business applications.
- Experience of financial underwriting within a regulated FCA environment, with a strong customer service background (1 year minimum)
- Experience of working on your own initiative and prioritise tasks to reflect the impact on the business
- Genuine interest in regulation and be able to interpret changes as they occur
- Strong knowledge of CONC and TCF principals and how to apply them to ensure adherence with FCA guidelines
- Able to communicate proficiently
- Able to lead by example and skilled at partnering with stakeholders