Market Risk Analyst - EM Credit Trading CEEMEA Region
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a part of the CIB Market Risk Management team for Emerging Markets Credit Trading (EMCT) you will be responsible for risk advisory and control of the CEEMEA region, including the Flow desk, as well as Special Situation Group and EM Solutions. You will cover the Emerging Market Credit Trading Business in CEEMEA.
CIB Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls market risk. The group forms the key interface for discussing risk issues with the trading desks but retains independent reporting lines through the Risk management chain. Market Risk Management seeks to facilitate efficient risk/return decisions, reduce volatility in operating performance and ensure that the firm’s market risk profile is transparent to senior management, the Board of Directors and regulators.
Market Risk has teams aligned to each line of business and region, and works closely with risk colleagues in other regions, the front office, finance, quantitative research, middle office and risk reporting to ensure a complete understanding of the firm’s market risk.
Your primary functions will be:
- Quantification of the risk of a potential loss of value in assets and liabilities due to changes in market variables, e.g. interest rates, equity and commodity prices.
- Ongoing monitoring and control of a business unit’s exposure to market risk.
- Performance of stress testing and qualitative risk assessments of a business unit’s trading portfolio.
- Facilitation of efficient risk-return decisions.
- Regular dialogue with the trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will be working in a cutting edge Risk Organization, utilizing a wide variety of trading analysis tools to monitor risk exposures and understand the factors that drive the profits and loss affecting the trading portfolio.
- You will provide daily monitoring and analysis of risk exposures to management with the aim to identify material risk dynamics, concentrations or vulnerabilities.
- You will be following the global financial markets, focusing on price movements and events affecting the trading portfolio, with the goal of highlighting top risks with the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
- You will develop and maintain a risk and local Credit Markets expertise in CEEMEA region.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the wide-ranging suite of financial products traded by JP Morgan and the key risks associated with them.
- You will be challenged to be innovative in looking for threats and weaknesses in the risk profile and expected to be pro-active in bringing these to the attention of the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
- You will perform scenario analysis and stress testing, Conduct ad-hoc and regular risk analysis as well deep dives into various risk themes, and communicate findings.
- You will be supporting other projects adhering to regulatory and internal control deliverables and guidelines.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong academic background with minimum a relevant Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree or CFA / FRM certification is preferred but not required.
- Some experience in the industry, with knowledge of market risk management practices is preferred.
- Knowledge of CEEMEA region, and credit products such as Bonds, Loans, CDS, Options, ETF, TRS is preferred, but not essential.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Fluency in English and Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary. Ability to form constructive professional relationships with a wide variety of teams in the firm.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership - must be diligent, self-motivated and good at following up on issues.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure on a trading floor.
- Be able to work as part of a team, as well as independently on your own.