ServiceNow Software Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. As a member of our Software Engineering group, you will help build innovative solutions that advance business and technology strategy. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that delivers high quality software and new products. You will work collaboratively to provide updates on development progress, navigate in a fast-paced environment, and share ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists.
You'll be required to apply your knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Design, code, test, and deliver software leveraging firm-wide frameworks and best practices for the ServiceNow platform.
- Follow and enhance the scrum practices for continuous team processes improvement
- Collaborate with the Business Analysis team for producing estimates and agile delivery plans
- Mentor junior developers on their growth as professionals (technical and soft skills)
- Have a good understanding of non-functional requirements necessary for Quality Assurance and production support
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or graduation from a reputed organization
- ServiceNow platform implementation preferred; off-platform development experience welcomed
- Extensive knowledge of best practices developing in the ServiceNow platform is ideal but no essential or proven ability to learn a new platform quickly. Experience should span writing custom widgets, tool navigation, configuration and scripting
- Knowledge of the ServiceNow data model (including task hierarchy, CMDB, user, groups and roles, data relationships) or other relevant data modeling exposure is ideal but not essential.
- Experience implementing business rules and scripts, including client scripts, fix scripts and schedule jobs
- Experience implementing inbound and outbound API integrations (REST)
- Experience implementing the Service Portal on ServiceNow (preferred)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow performance assessment and best practices for improving performance (preferred) Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to explain concepts clearly and concisely
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical formats