Asset & Wealth Management Strategy Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
With client assets under supervision of $3.8 trillion and assets under management of $2.6 trillion, J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
AWM offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity, liquidity, and multi-asset solutions. It also provides trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
AWM serves client groups globally through two businesses:
- The Asset Management (AM) business serves institutional and retail clients
- The Global Private Bank (GPB) business serves high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients
The Asset & Wealth Management Strategy & Business Development team (AWM Strategy) partners with senior AWM leadership globally as a trusted advisor to solve their most critical strategic issues. The team is also engaged to address Firm-wide topics as needed.
Typical types of engagements include:
- Performing competitive and market sizing analyses, including profiling competitors’ offerings / strategies and identifying factors driving growth or change in industry structure
- Identifying and developing growth strategies, based on identifying customer segments, buying behaviors, and customer value propositions
- Modeling business decisions, determining cost structures / drivers, and assessing financial impacts
- Defining operating models and addressing related organizational design and client coverage segments
- Engaging in client meetings as subject matter experts
- Managing or facilitating inter-LOB or intra-LOB initiatives
- Driving development of key leadership communication and strategy materials (including for Investor Day and annual Operating Committee off-sites)
- Assessing strategic rationale and drivers of value in potential mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Relevant experience in consulting with a top-tier management consulting firm or an internal consulting / corporate strategy team, or equivalent experience in asset & wealth management industry
- Ability to provide structure in ambiguous situations and apply analytical tools to develop solutions
- Strong client management and executive-level communication skills
- Bachelor degree/Bachelor of science required
- Financial services background (and especially asset & wealth management) preferred, but not mandatory