CIB – Fusion – Business Development – Risk Solutions – Vice President (London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and services to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate globally and hold leadership positions in the marketplace across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan Securities Services, a division of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB), is a global industry leader with $25.4 trillion in assets under custody. J.P. Morgan Securities Services provides innovative global custody, fund accounting and administration, and depositary services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative and traditional asset managers and private equity firms, along with ancillary services including but not limited to the foreign exchange, securities lending, collateral management and liquidity solutions.
Who we are
The Fusion organization within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)’s Securities Services group is a newly formed business offering a one-stop shop for data and analytics needs for our institutional client base across financial products and investment lifecycles. Our mission is to develop top-tier client-facing analytical services and enable our clients to achieve their business goals by extending J.P. Morgan’s capabilities and expertise as the leader in financial services into the digital space.
The successful candidate will join a leading, entrepreneurial and collegial team within the Fusion Risk Business Development team that is responsible for the strategy, commercialization and marketing of a suite of innovative risk management tools across all asset classes and financial instruments.
This is an exciting position for a talented and energetic Business Development professional who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
This opportunity requires a motivated candidate to proactively help grow our revenue by building a pipeline of suitable clients, pitching and acquiring clients, assessing the competitive landscape of other institutional vendors and FinTech firms, and working closely with internal teams to evolve our product offering and identify new commercial opportunities.
- Be part of a new and growing business initiative within J.P. Morgan that is creating a significant revenue stream for the firm and influence the commercialization and go-to-market approach
- Work on the intersection of product management, business development and sales
- Be responsible for a region and client segment for the end-to-end client acquisition process including pre-sales, sales, contractual negotiations and ongoing client relationship management
- Partner closely with other Sales teams to acquire clients for our Risk Solutions by educating them on our products and establishing effective working relationships with them
- Perform continuous competitor analysis and keep up to date with industry trends in risk analytics in Financial Services
- Collaborate closely with the functional product development team to prioritize, define and deliver product features to evolve the product suite in line with client needs
- Facilitate workshops with our clients (asset managers, hedge funds, private banks, investment banks, central banks) to understand their needs in order to help identify our product-market fit and shape the future roadmap
- Proactively identify partnership opportunities within the organization and external firms
- Represent Fusion Risk at industry events, such as conferences and seminars
- Create, launch and execute marketing campaigns to raise awareness of our Risk products and generate leads
- Extensive experience working in Financial Markets or in business development, product management or sales at a FinTech analytics provider
- Experience in interacting with financial risk management: Trading / Portfolio Management or Market Risk
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, comfortable pitching to clients or internal stakeholders and selling a vision to any level or audience
- High level of emotional intelligence, e.g. empathy to our clients and users, converging different sets of agendas to drive towards a single outcome, establish trust in our key partners
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to network and navigate a complex organization
- Dedication to team effort and comfortable working in a start-up to scale-up environment – “whatever it takes” multi-tasking and perseverance
- A highly commercial mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Organized and diligent with a great sense of ownership and accountability
- Asset class knowledge in FX, Fixed Income, Commodities or Equities
- Proven track record of successfully commercializing a B2B SaaS business or growing revenue
- Interest in marketing and branding and/or experience in digital marketing
- Intellectual passion for digital transformation/innovation and application of technology in the financial services industry