EMEA Government Relations Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Global Government Relations (GGR) is housed within Corporate Responsibility and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive policy, regulatory and advocacy strategy on behalf of JPMorgan Chase. The EMEA Government Relations Team, which is part of Global Government Relations, is seeking an Associate to be located in London and to focus primarily on UK policy developments. The EMEA Government Relations team identifies key policy and regulatory issues and developments in the UK and EU relevant to the firm’s lines of business and executes on advocacy strategies, representing the whole Firm before external stakeholders including government regulators and policymakers. The team keeps internal stakeholders and management apprised of developments in the political and legislative environment and advises on strategy for dealing with broader external issues, working closely with the wider International Government Relations (IGR), Regulatory Affairs and Global Engagement teams. The EMEA Government Relations team also partners closely with other CR teams including Global Philanthropy and Sustainability to promote shared CR policy priorities, and works with other corporate functions and across the firm’s lines of business.
- Understand the governmental and political environment within the UK, in particular, and the EU so as to inform the firm's policy strategy;
- Lead on the preparation of internal briefing papers and concise, effective analysis for dissemination to various internal stakeholders including senior leaders and management committees;
- Contribute to identifying and reviewing key financial services regulatory and legislative policy proposals and help develop the Firm's position on those issues and create strategies for communicating the Firm's position to regulators and policymakers;
- Help craft written advocacy materials that present the Firm's case in a compelling manner, using the most robust analysis available, for use by a wide range of JPMC executives in discussions with officials and policymakers;
- Provide support in the work with trade associations and industry groups to determine agreed positions on issues and leverage collective resources for advocacy;
- Manage internal communications on a wide range of issues in the UK and elsewhere; and prepare written materials on UK and some EU policy issues for lines of business and internal newsletters and websites.
- Relevant experience working on and familiarity with UK financial services policy;
- Demonstrated excellent written communication skills and ability to communicate complex policy issues in a concise and clear manner;
- Proven experience within the official sector, or Public Affairs, Government Relations, Communications experience in the private sector;
- Demonstrated strong understanding of financial service and business issues;
- Integrity and a commitment to operate with the highest regard for ethical standards;
- Strong familiarity with UK, EU and EU Member States political processes as well as other international institutions and regulatory bodies;
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and challenging environment;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.