Lending Advisor, MENAT, Executive Director - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a dynamic, diverse team within the MENAT market of J.P Morgan’s EMEA Private Banking business. We are actively looking for exceptionally talented experienced individuals who are collaborative, confident and motivated to provide a first-class experience to clients. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are looking to constantly challenge yourself, J.P. Morgan is the place for you. You will be working alongside a team of talented colleagues from other markets, business and functions to provide you with the opportunity to take your career to the next level.
Our Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) individuals and families around the world. Through our integrated and diverse platform we deliver highly customized and comprehensive market leading solutions to help clients with the many challenges and complexities they face in the ever evolving financial services space.
A key member of the J.P. Morgan Private Bank team of specialists, the Lending Advisor manages our most complex borrowing relationships by presenting J.P. Morgan Private Bank’s Credit solutions to ultra-high net worth clients and advising on implementation.
The Role is a client facing role
- Originate Credit leads from prospects and existing clients and lead Credit marketing initiatives for the local market
- Participate to / lead prospection initiatives
- Partner with Banker to uncover needs and deliver sophisticated and innovative solutions to client and prospect financings or restructurings
- Act as internal sales leader for the Credit product, liaising with the Market Manager, Bankers and Investors to ensure Credit is a core part of the JP Morgan offering
- Develop creative, innovative solutions to new client financings or restructurings within acceptable Credit/risk parameters;
- Analyze capital structures of clients; advise on appropriateness of structure vis-à-vis client's balance sheet, cash flow;
- Mortgage: sell force
- Develop the Credit book by:
- Understanding the capital structure of existing clients and prospects and advising strategies/structures to optimize it;
- Being attentive to identifying new business opportunities/asking for referrals;
- Originating Credit leads from existing clients and prospects and participate in new marketing initiatives with the Integrated Team.
- Balance objectives of client, new business generation and risk management;
- Underwrite and execute both loan and derivative structures (with Credit risk therein);
- Play lead role in Credit approval process:
- Supervise Credit approval memos/restructure memos;
- Direct analysis, due diligence, Credit presentation;
- Recommend and review documentation
- Recommend pricing to achieve profitable structure.
- Demonstrate Credit/risk management discipline:
- Monitor portfolio risk;
- Change debt structure/risk ratings in response to changes in risk;
- Proactively work to improve portfolio quality and prevent loss.
- Able to work in a team based environment and assist in the development and retention of junior team members
- Experience and Possession of Lending as an Advisor to the Middle East or equivalent markets
- Degree in Finance or related field essential; MBA preferred
- Commercial capabilities
- Strong expertise in Credit, financial instruments and Derivatives transactions
- Energetic and driven with the ability to demonstrate excellent relationship management skills
- Business development and overall marketing skills
- High level of analytical skills, including financial analysis
- Ability to identify and analyze Credit opportunities and the attendant Credit risks
- Familiarity and expertise with Credit documentation
- Experience in structuring complex transactions
- Ability to maintain a balance between marketing and Credit risk roles