CIB - Business Analyst / Project Manager Associate - Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
Business Associate/ Project manager (601) , Markets , Cross Product Change Services
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets, and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23.5 trillion of assets under custody and ranked #1 for Global Investment Banking fees, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Cross Product Change Services (CPCS) is a change delivery organisation within the CIB’s Digital & Platform Services (D&PS) that provides integrated change, testing and implementation support to CIB stakeholders. CPCS capabilities include end-to-end test management and automation, business analysis, data analytics and program management, which are tailored to enable strategic initiatives in the Wholesale Payments, Markets and Securities Services businesses, as well as cross-business functions such as Network Management and Client Onboarding (Client Tax & WKO).
Markets Operations provides operational support and controls across all asset classes including equities, fixed income, currencies and commodities. Services provided encompass trade support, pre-execution support for electronic trade systems and vendor platforms, client servicing, industry and regulatory reporting, operational controls, securities and derivatives processing, asset servicing, clearing, settlement and collateral management, vaulting and movement of physical commodities, reconciliations and billing support for clients and partners in over 100 global markets.
J.P. Morgan is seeking an Associate with Business Analysis / Project Managementexperiencewithinthe Markets LOB to own and lead business and operations requirements for one or more strategic initiatives. Flexibility to provide Testing support on transformational Global initiatives within Cross Product Change Services.
- Responsible for requirements Understanding, analysis and clear articulation to wider team including Application Development (AD), Product, Operations and Quality Assurance (QA) groups.
- Assist with Business Process Design if required to capture impact of technology on current processes.
- Analyse the requirements and communicate Impact Analysis with the key stakeholders.
- Define, document and communicate functional and non-functional requirements for development.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to management and all stakeholders.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet end objectives.
- Manage End-to-End Testing from planning, test scripting, test execution, defect management and user sign offs.
- Maintain documentation - test strategy, test plan, entry control and exit control as per the best practice process followed within the team.
- Execute the scenarios and capture the testing progress in ALM / JIRA.
- Identify the defects / gaps and track to closure.
- Track testing progress and ensure deadlines are met appropriately by working closely with AD team.
- Motivating team members and leading by example to engage in high standards of quality.
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative team environment.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Relevant experience within the Financial Services industry supporting multiple LOB’s delivering in a highly complex and high-volume environment.
- Good understanding of Markets products and trade lifecycle.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to dynamically manage and oversee critical testing tasks accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of Equity Derivatives Product Workflows and trade lifecycle is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA & Confluence will be an added advantage.
- Experienced in using Business Driven Development / Test Driven Development test methodology or test case automation.
- Experienced in testing processes to define requirements, document user stories and test scripts through to test execution.
- Understanding of Agile methodology and experience if using JIRA and MS Office.
- Experienced in use of automation tools like UiPath, Alteryx, Tableau, Selenium, QlickView etc.
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Skilled at problem solving, ability to scope and provide structure to complex issues, rapidly learn unfamiliar processes, and provide insightful and timely remediation.
- Excellent attention to detail so errors can be prevented, and redundancies / opportunities highlighted.
- Ability to analyse and document complex current state vs future state processes.
- Ability to use effective systemic data driven reporting to support program reporting.
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture.
- Advanced numeracy and Microsoft skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear and succinct updates on their work to team members, colleagues, senior leads, executives, and clients.
- Ability to liaise effectively between lines of business with empathy and understanding to achieve the common and strategic goal as a team.
- Ability to articulate Program requirements, demo functionality to end users and coordinate UAT sign offs.
- Actively contributes to program updates, Project, and team meetings.
Working Style and Influence
- Ability to build and nurture effective and lasting relationships with colleagues, team members and stakeholders across multiple business lines and global locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with effective influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to understand own role and those of other team members and recognise at times the need for flexibility within roles to achieve the project and organisational objectives.
- Self-starter with ability to work with the minimum of supervision on day-to-day activities.
- Ability to work on a hands-on basis and not limit oneself to only tracking and reporting milestones.
- Graduate or Postgraduate with at least 5 years of experience working in the financial industry
- Business Analysis skills – required
- Testing experience - preferred
- Project / Agile methodology Qualification – preferred.
- Worked in CIB business function, Global Markets, Middle Office, Wholesale Payments or Security Services
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer