UX Design, Executive Director – Market Client Portal
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is embarking on a digital transformation within our markets business. Our team, which sits within JP Morgan's institutional bank (serving corporate clients), is a key partner in helping the bank realize it’s digital future.
Our users have complex, fast-paced, informational dense jobs, within an already complex industry. The tools we design must add value while adding minimal complexity. To do our job well, we utilize creative design-led techniques to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can't. We elevate UX not just to solve users' problems but also to use design to steer the product's evolution into a powerful and extensible framework.
We are actively seeking an energetic and innovative User Experience Design, Executive Director to join our group.
The successful candidate will lead an established product design team within our centralized design team. The candidate and the team will collaborate with the larger design team to ensure consistency and to move our standards forward.
We are seeking an individual who can collaborate with product managers and technologists in order to help define a user centric product strategy while supporting the product design team to deliver design solutions.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a leader who motivates the design team to create the experience for our clients and enjoys balancing craft with articulating the business impact of design.
In this role, you will:
- Define and drive the overall product design process for complex highly functional business applications
- Understand the users, steer not just the design but also, where appropriate, influence the product strategy groups
- Support the team defending their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals and substantiated by research
- Navigate from the strategic level to the details effectively providing the support the design team needs to execute with confidence
- Both formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage learnings to come up with the big idea
- Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
- Work in partnership with Product and Technology to escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes reality
- Experience working as a user experience professional and leading and managing diverse teams in a complex business
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree. Master's degree or equivalent advanced degree is preferred
- Have evaluated the goals and opportunities of an initiative and then worked to craft a program of work for the UX work stream which has included user research and synthesis, conceptualizing, designing, specification, QA, and deployment
- Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services, like enterprise technology or management consulting
- Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
- Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product
- Have a cache of methods for uncovering important contextual details that help ensure we're solving for the right problems
- Enjoy the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
- Have a portfolio with samples of work, or a presentation of work must be provided to be considered for the role
About Digital Experience Design
The Digital Experience Design team (DXD) includes nearly 300 UX and visual designers, service designers, researchers and creative technologists spread across six global locations. As a team, we partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders across the Corporate & Investment Bank to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight end users.
Learn more about DXD at http://design.jpmorgan.com/
Diversity by design
Our team, our work and the outcomes they produce are driven by diversity. Here, you’ll find people from all over the world, valued for the added dimensions their experience, origins, and perspectives bring to the products we deliver. Join us and see for yourself that our commitment to diversity is intentional, essential, and ongoing. It provides the insight and ideas we need to be a better team. And a smarter one, too.