CIB - Product Owner / Project Manager (VP - London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Product Owner and Project Manager, you will lead / drive reference data transformation initiatives and provide support for various projects. You may be involved in multiple projects or initiatives, working across the whole project lifecycle, researching new projects, business process changes, configuration changes or system modifications. Through strong partnership with Product, Operations and Technology counterparts, you'll work on project deliverables. Primary areas of focus will include eliciting project or initiative requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis. As a Senior Project Manager, you will critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Additionally, you will assist in the overall coordination and management of the program, including status, scorecards, and other key project management functions.
- Define the area product vision, roadmap, product metrics and OKRs in partnership with Product Manager
- Lead initial/exploratory scoping and high-level analysis workshops
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Own the end-to-end delivery of a set of features and capabilities
- Accountable and responsible to produce the project outputs and subsequent presentations to stakeholders
- Collaborate with other product owners, analysts across the business to ensure coherent design
- Responsible and accountable for demonstrating the value of the work delivered.
- Document technical user stories and acceptance criteria for your feature team and allocated features to your product domain.
- Work with the Product Manager and set up and track KPI/Measures and client/user feedback
- Maintain and prioritize product backlog and roadmap and ensure they are aligned with the overarching product strategy
- Identifying problems, risks, dependencies and being able to deal with them as per Agile principles. Accept or reject work completed by the dev team and accountable to make the decision to release a final piece of work
- Able to communicate both technical and non-technical audiences
- Drive scrum cadences in partnership with the scrum master (e.g., sprint retrospectives, sprint reviews, sprint planning, daily scrums
- Regularly update key stakeholders on project progress and impacts and providing detailed progress updates to relevant stakeholders
- Be or become highly knowledgeable in the relevant business domains and develop SME knowledge
- Contribute as a leader to collaboration and feedback activities e.g. retrospectives, knowledge sharing
Required for the role
- Several years experience in product development/Change management experience
- Experience in user story writing, story mapping, backlog prioritisation and understanding constraints that may affect the prioritisation process
- Experience in release planning and product roadmap creation
- Able to analyse business needs and activities and translate them into solution requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Able to identify root causes of problems and to evaluate information with sound judgement, attention to detail and accuracy
- Agile project delivery mindset. Knowledge and working experience of scrum framework
- Proficiency with product management tools (e.g., Jira, Confluence) and MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships
Bonus points for the following
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics.
- Project management certification – PMP, PRINCE2, Scaled Agile,
- Familiarity with the company's products and services –Markets, Prime Brokerage, Clearing,
- Experience producing PowerPoint presentations for senior audiences
- Business process reengineering mind-set (i.e. Six Sigma)
JPMorgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets, and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses, and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans