Senior Visual Designer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Digital Experience Design (DXD) team is actively seeking an innovative and highly driven Visual Designer who can help shape the design effort for applications that are dynamic, information and data rich, highly specialized, and built within the scope of the latest technological trends.
In this role, you’ll get to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, where demand for the team’s services and expertise is high. The Visual Designer role is an integral part of the team. Our Visual Designers are co-owners of the design and identity of our next-generation, bespoke, multi-channel applications.
Our users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs and so their tools must provide benefits without adding to that complexity. As a design team, we delve into the problem-space by leveraging any one of the various techniques designers have for finding insights that others can’t. And with those insights, we also guide the products’ evolution. To that end, our designers must be part inventor, part craftsman but most of all, makers.
We are part of an exciting and growing global organization where you will enjoy frequent communication with project stakeholders and be an active player in a flourishing in-house design community.
In this role, you will:
- Drive and deliver engaging, world class, compelling visual UI designs for a wide range of applications
- Work closely with our design system to contribute and produce pattern libraries, as well as the development and refinement of our visual UI design language
- Be accountable for creating consistent and unified end-to-end design solutions
- Actively participate in visual design strategy and product definition, roadmap planning in a multidisciplinary environment with product, design and tech partners
- Create a clear standard of excellence and trust in the design system, through universal principles, components, and business patterns, as a reflection of our visual design language
- Help to entrench a culture and community of design, both within the team, and among our stakeholders.
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders across the business, to ensure the design is responsive to business and commercial needs
To be a successful candidate for this role, you should:
- Have a demonstrable record of delivering positive, impactful, design outcomes.
- Be passionate about design and can articulate the value of the design process
- Possess strong research skills that demonstrate an awareness of user and business goals that compel you to imagine, illustrate and realize compelling functional interfaces.
- Be confident in employing skills across all stages of the design and development process, including conception, design, standardization, specification and enforcement.
- Have experience working in complex problem spaces, enterprise applications, management consulting, or B2B financial services
- Be a cross disciplined collaborator with experience working with Product Design, Visual Design, Research, Tech and Product Partners
- Be client centric focused and drive design thinking, delivering improved measurable client
About Digital Experience Design
The Digital Experience Design team (DXD) includes nearly 300 UX and visual designers, service designers, researchers and creative technologists spread across six global locations. As a team, we partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders across the Corporate & Investment Bank to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight end users.
Learn more about DXD at http://design.jpmorgan.com/
Diversity by design
Our team, our work and the outcomes they produce are driven by diversity. Here, you’ll find people from all over the world, valued for the added dimensions their experience, origins, and perspectives bring to the products we deliver. Join us and see for yourself that our commitment to diversity is intentional, essential, and ongoing. It provides the insight and ideas we need to be a better team. And a smarter one, too.