Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) - Electronic Trading, Options - Vice President (or Associate)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About the Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group
J.P. Morgan is a top tier liquidity and algorithmic execution provider in global fixed income, currencies and commodities markets offering competitive pricing across macro assets in cash and derivative products. In addition, The Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group drives systematic trading within this space and are responsible for algorithmic pricing, automated risk management and hedging, and intelligent order execution strategies.
As the electronic trading strategist, you will work as part of the Macro ATS front-office team on the trading floor, covering Interest Rate Products, Currencies, Commodities and Emerging Markets. The environment is fast-paced and challenging. We will expect you to be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team to drive the desk's profitability. Your focus will be on options electronic market making across public venues and bilateral execution.
You will need to work closely with various business teams to drive revenue and expand the business. Apart from that, you will be expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day operation. Some on call time will be expected.
- Design and evaluate systematic market making strategies.
- Derive automatic hedging solutions with risk managers to extract the best values out of our flows.
- Analyze public and non-public data to enhance performance.
- Work closely with technology to develop cutting edge low latency infrastructure that meets business needs in a robust, scalable manner.
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
- Must be oriented towards careful system and solution design and implementation.
- These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Interest in market microstructures and quantitative trading.
- Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn.
- Quantitative/Mathematical background sufficient to understand, discuss, and price non-linear derivatives.
- Design and programming skills, with primary focus on object-oriented programming language (C++, Java, C#, etc.) and Python.
- Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position involves frequent interaction with different teams internal and external to the firm.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. Eager to look for new ways of doing things and able to understand the benefits of leveraging the firm’s scale.
- Understands the different types of risk and able to discuss in detail ways of managing these risks.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
- Experience in electronic options trading highly desirable.
- Financial mathematics background.
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience of working with electronic venues
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.